Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 Printing Problem  (Read 2444 times)

Langsey

Epson 3800 Printing Problem
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:55:23 pm »

I have a new Epson 3800 printer. I have a problem using the sheet(top)  feeder. After the print has finished. The printer doesn't release the photo. I have tried the down arrow and that doesn't release the photo. When I pull the print out the photo is smudged and has lines on the end where it it still in the printer. I have checked the settings for sheet size. The size is 8.5 x 11. The OS is Vista 64bit. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:10:12 am »

You might try setting the platen gap wider. Your problem is probably more complex than that, but that is the first thing I would try before calling Epson.

Tyler Mallory

• http://www.tylermallory.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:34:17 am »

Don't know what driver version you have, but you might try seeing if there's an update for that.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:02 pm »

A few questions:

1. Which paper are you using?

2. Are you sure you have removed all the blue packing tape? There should be around 50 pieces. Look carefully around inside, with a flashlight if necessary.

If you are sure you have removed all of the tape, and you're using, say, Epson Premium Luster for your testing, I'd suggest just calling Epson Support. Sounds like something is mechanically awry.
Eric Chan

Langsey

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:27:05 am »

I haven't found any blue tape. I printed more photos adjusting the platen gap from narrow to wide to no avail. I watched the print head in action during print and when the photo is completed the print head keeps on printing on one spot. The coverage of the overprint is about one inch strip. The paper does not advance at that point. I have to pull the photo out. Also, not sure if this connected to above problem, when I use the front loader, I have to skew the paper at an angle so it will properly feed in. The photo prints just fine once I get it align correctly. Thanks.

John

PS: I printed from Lightroom 2.4 and Qimage on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper with the same results.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:31:53 am by Langsey »

Doombrain

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:12 pm »

Setting the platon gap to anything won't help, it has no bearing on the paper feed/eject system.

I suggest updating your f/w from the epson site and load latest drivers. Failing this there might be a hardware issue with the TOP sensor or the ASF system.

Langsey

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:20:33 am »

I had contacted Epson on the matter. They said it sounded like an issue that the "AddNet Utility" would resolve. I installed that and it did not solve the problem. I than updated the driver. That was a screwy experience trying to get that installed. It would come back with change ports to work on a network. I am not on a network. I am using usb. I changed usb ports to no avail. I than uninstalled the "AddNet Utility since I found out that has to do with ethernet. Uninstalling that didn't help with the port situation. I than went to administrative tools and than to the device manager to other devices and clicked on Epson and then clicked update via online. At that time the updated driver installed. So I printed another photo with the updated driver. Same thing. I am able to use the front loader to print. My guess now it may be a mechanical problem. Any other ideas? By the way I went back to the device manager and the Printer wasn't there any longer.
John

Langsey

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »

Just got off the phone with Epson. They said the printer will need to be replaced. They are going to ship it out today and have it by this Friday. What fast service! Thank for all your help.
John  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:30:01 pm by Langsey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up