Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom  (Read 2969 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »

I am using a 64 bit system. When I use the Edit in Photoshop command in Lightroom, it opens the photo in 64 bit Photoshop. But, I want to use the 32 bit Photoshop because that's where my plugins work. Can I change the default?

Thanks,

Peter

CynthiaM

• http://www.cynthiamerzerphotography.com/
Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:12:56 am »

Quote from: PeterAit
I am using a 64 bit system. When I use the Edit in Photoshop command in Lightroom, it opens the photo in 64 bit Photoshop. But, I want to use the 32 bit Photoshop because that's where my plugins work. Can I change the default?

Thanks,

Peter

I'm not sure if you can change the default but you can add the 32 bit version as an external editor.  You do this through by going to the Edit menu>Preferences, then click into the External Editing tab.  Once there, click into the Additional external editing box.  Set up your File Format, Color Space, Bit Depth, etc.  For the Application, click on the choose button.  Then you have to navigate to the 32 bit version of the Photoshop.exe file, which should be on the drive on which CS4 is installed (presumably C for this purpose).   So from the Start menu, go to Computer>Local Disk C:>Program Files (x86) (this is where all of your 32 bit applications reside)>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CS4 then click on the Photoshop.exe icon .  Then click on the preset drop down menu and click "Save Current Settings as a new Preset."  Give it a name like CS4 32bit or Photoshop 32bit.  Then when you want to take an image from Lightroom into Photoshop, it will appear as a choice when you right click and go to Edit in.

Note that this will not work if the 64bit version is opened; in that instance, the images will then open in the 64 bit version.  So you have to make sure that the 64 bit version is closed.  You may find it helpful to create two shortcuts in Quick Launch on the taskbar; one for Photoshop CS4 64 bit and one for Photoshop CS4 32 bit.  You can do this by dragging the shortcut for it to the Quick Launch portion of the taskbar.  It has to be dragged to Quick Launch.  If you drag it and drop it outside of Quick Launch, it won't work.  If Quick Launch isn't visible on your Task Bar, then right click the taskbar, click Toolbars, then click Quick Launch so that it has a check mark next to it.

Hope that helps.
Cynthia Merzer
[url=http://www.cynthiame
Pages: [1]   Go Up