Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is best place on Web to sell used equipment?  (Read 2717 times)

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
Where is best place on Web to sell used equipment?
« on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:52 pm »

I've listed my Z3100ps GP 24" printer on Craigslist/Business/Sacramento California and the only replies I've received so far have been from spammers and get rich quick scammers. Where is the best place to list this type equipment for sale? I'm located in Northern California, USA.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:30:22 pm »

eBay.

dct123

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:25 pm »

Quote from: feppe
eBay.

Thanks Feppe...I bought "Ebay for Dummies"...I think I'll read it. I started to post the printer there, but couldn't get past all the options and 'add-ons' ebay and Pay Pal listed.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:35 pm »

Quote from: dct123
Thanks Feppe...I bought "Ebay for Dummies"...I think I'll read it. I started to post the printer there, but couldn't get past all the options and 'add-ons' ebay and Pay Pal listed.

It's a bit daunting at first, for sure. Just start posting your item, and read through each and every link in the posting process. eBay is pretty good at explaining most features and terms, but as there are quite a few of those you'll have to take your time to acquaint yourself with tem - otherwise you'll end up having a 24-hour auction with a $1 reserve price

By the way, my Craigslist experience was similar. I posted an ad looking for an apartment in Amsterdam a while back, and I received an email from an American "Reverend" who wanted to rent his gorgeous apartment for dirt cheap while he was away in Africa as a missionary. He was already in Africa, and wanted me to post one month's rent as a deposit - he'd mail the keys to me. Riiiight. And that was one of the more believable scammers.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:05:19 pm by feppe »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 01:56:27 am »

E-Bay will probably give you the biggest client base.  You might also want to check out Laurie Excell's site.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

tonywong

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:04:34 pm »

Have you tried fredmiranda.com yet?

The classifieds there are very active, but people with new/low reputations may have a harder time transacting things. There is a pretty solid set of guidelines and rules so be sure to read them before posting.

The Buy & Sell at FM.

dct123

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 04:37:25 pm »

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I've decided to list on Ebay...when I finish reading through all the options.

Thanks again,

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up