Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690 w2 uneven color display  (Read 3314 times)

AS1

NEC 2690 w2 uneven color display
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:14:55 pm »

I just purchased a new NEC 2690W2 display and I have to say I'm very disappointed with how uneven it's displaying a basic grey background (mac desktop for example). Even after having it on for about 10 hrs and calibrating it using the Spectravision included calibrator (which is very easy to use) I can clearly see a band of greenish grey on the left edge about 1.5"- 2", and a sort of magenta bloom from the bottom right side corner.
I also own an EIZO CE210W monitor which although about 2 1/2 yrs old, has no color shifting; it does have some slight unevenness now. I'm surprised after all I've read here and other forums about the NEC that it looks so bad. Am I expecting too much? It seems that a $1,500 display should be capable of producing an even grey all across the screen (both tonally and chromatically)?
I've arranged to send it back so I hope the next one will be better!

Alan.

AS1

NEC 2690 w2 uneven color display
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:41:01 am »

Quote from: AS1
I just purchased a new NEC 2690W2 display and I have to say I'm very disappointed with how uneven it's displaying a basic grey background (mac desktop for example). Even after having it on for about 10 hrs and calibrating it using the Spectravision included calibrator (which is very easy to use) I can clearly see a band of greenish grey on the left edge about 1.5"- 2", and a sort of magenta bloom from the bottom right side corner.
I also own an EIZO CE210W monitor which although about 2 1/2 yrs old, has no color shifting; it does have some slight unevenness now. I'm surprised after all I've read here and other forums about the NEC that it looks so bad. Am I expecting too much? It seems that a $1,500 display should be capable of producing an even grey all across the screen (both tonally and chromatically)?
I've arranged to send it back so I hope the next one will be better!

Alan.

Well, good news!
NEC took the display back and I just got a new one. Straight away this was almost perfect and after turning "Uniformity" ON in the menu, and calibrating the display (using Spectravision included device) it's really great! I'm really pleased with even display of color and brightness.

Alan.

Pages: [1]   Go Up