Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taming HPPremIDSatin with Z3100  (Read 2088 times)

walter.sk

Taming HPPremIDSatin with Z3100
« on: August 21, 2009, 10:21:34 am »

I have been using the HP Premium ID Satin paper with a Z3100-generated profile, and having a hard time defeating the blue color cast, in color prints as well as black & white.  When softproofing from CS4, using adjustment layers with variations of Hue/Saturation and/or Color Balance, I have been only partially successful.

I had always rejected the Photo Filter adjustment layer as too simplistic, but one time, just for the helluvit I tried it.  Lo and behold!--using the Warming Filter (85) between 8% and 12% seems to re-neutralize the color balance for color as well as B&W.  I'm not sure if the variation is because of the nature of individual images or just my visual inaccuracy, but this method seems quite satisfactory as well as the least fussy I have found yet.

I have not tried this on other papers yet, but for the first time in almost 2 years I am able to correct my softproofed images to print correctly on the Z3100 using HPPremium Satin!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:23:12 am by walter.sk »

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
Taming HPPremIDSatin with Z3100
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:56:44 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
I have been using the HP Premium ID Satin paper with a Z3100-generated profile, and having a hard time defeating the blue color cast, in color prints as well as black & white.

Are you printing directly from Photoshop CS4 using the standard Z3100 RGB printer driver?
Do you get a blue cast even if you convert an image to b&w in Photoshop and then print using a QTR b&w profile?
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up