Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100  (Read 1168 times)

jorm

HP Z3100
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:15:34 pm »

Dear sirs

I installed a new computer at work this week, and downloaded newest driver from HP (PCL3-version) and installed newest Qimage as well.

This i have used for 2-3 years without any problem at all, but after installing the drivers/software i always run into problem when printing.

For example i wanted to print 2x 20x50cm prints and made custom size 1022mmx250mm put everything up in Qimage and printed out.

I expected the printer to drive the paper 250mm and layout the 2 pictures on that paper, but no it started to print and wanted to use 1022mm of paper length as it was portrait setting, so the printedhead only used 200mm of the paper that is 1022mm width.

I have used both landscape/portrait setting but always the same, preview says i'm doing right but when printing it goes wrong

Hope you understand,
Jens Ormslev

Ernst Dinkla

HP Z3100
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:54:48 am »

Quote from: jorm
Dear sirs

I installed a new computer at work this week, and downloaded newest driver from HP (PCL3-version) and installed newest Qimage as well.

This i have used for 2-3 years without any problem at all, but after installing the drivers/software i always run into problem when printing.

For example i wanted to print 2x 20x50cm prints and made custom size 1022mmx250mm put everything up in Qimage and printed out.

I expected the printer to drive the paper 250mm and layout the 2 pictures on that paper, but no it started to print and wanted to use 1022mm of paper length as it was portrait setting, so the printedhead only used 200mm of the paper that is 1022mm width.

I have used both landscape/portrait setting but always the same, preview says i'm doing right but when printing it goes wrong

Hope you understand,
Jens Ormslev

Jens,

If you set the 1022 width x 250 length in the Z3100 PCL3 driver the driver will give a warning that it will not accept a smaller length than width setting. If you allow the driver to change the setting to 250 width and 1022 length and you set "landscape" right after that in the Z driver there shouldn't be a problem with the PCL3 driver. In Qimage the remaining print size (without print margins) will then be 1012 x 240 mm landscape mode (with roll). That should fit your images as intended if you have not a +border size set in Qimage that might make the prints too large and if you have autorotate on in Qimage when the images are in portrait mode. I do not experience your problem with the latest PCL3 driver and firmware of the Z3100 and the conditions you describe.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up