Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future of Leaf Capture?  (Read 1646 times)

David WM

• http://
Future of Leaf Capture?
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:46:10 am »

With the Phase buyout of Leaf I was wondering if any information is available about their intentions with Leaf Capture. Having their own product to sell I suppose I am expecting LC to become legacy software without further development and Leaf users wanting to benefit from software which has ongoing development will need to use either Capture One or ACR. ...or is there a future for LC?

David

evgeny

Future of Leaf Capture?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:37:43 am »

Quote from: David WM
With the Phase buyout of Leaf I was wondering if any information is available about their intentions with Leaf Capture. Having their own product to sell I suppose I am expecting LC to become legacy software without further development and Leaf users wanting to benefit from software which has ongoing development will need to use either Capture One or ACR. ...or is there a future for LC?

David

I haven't checked what's going on with Leaf Imaging division last time.

So, this is my own opinion.
I think Phase will passively offer Leaf users to move to Phase products (switch, upgrades, traid-ins, etc) and stop all Leaf software and hardware development. This will take a time, suppose some years. Leaf engineers/sales will start develop Phase business.
I think AFi/Hy6 will strongly drop in price soon or later to the same or slightly above the Contax 645 price range (same price, because not many AFi/Hy6 were made, and AFi/Hy6 parts will not be available for a long time). Then Leaf will became a history. Will we see another release of Leaf Capture? May be. May be the last release.
Once again, this is my own opinion, I don't know what's really going there.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Future of Leaf Capture?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:18:37 am »

I think Phase should support Leaf backs with there C1, which is the best SW I have ever used. But lately we have been shooting with the Canon almost all the time. Anyways MFD has to get HDV on board. We now have 2 players in MFD.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [
Pages: [1]   Go Up