Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 matte black - plain paper????  (Read 3785 times)

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
Epson 3800 matte black - plain paper????
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:54:31 am »

i am trying to print a PDF document through acrobat on plain paper. the print dialog box gives me the option to choose matte black or photo black.  i choose matte black and the printer still defaults to photo black and changes ink.  

i do not understand why this is an option if the printer makes up its own mind.....

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:24:47 pm »

Please take a screenshot of the Printer Settings portion of your printer dialog box and post it here.
Eric Chan

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:55:15 am »

Quote from: madmanchan
Please take a screenshot of the Printer Settings portion of your printer dialog box and post it here.

Here is the print dialog box from acrobat 9.0.0 with plain paper selected.  the matte black ink was already in use and i didnt want to charge the PK just for a few sheets of A4.  I was quite happy when i saw i had the option to choose MK as i didnt recall seeing this before.  Needless to say all in vain.  the 3800 still charged the PK and printed on the plain paper.

[attachment=16145:Picture_7.png]

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »

So bizarre. That's exactly what mine looks like. I also currently have my 3800 in MK mode and when I need to print on plain paper I use the same settings as you do. Mine doesn't switch to PK.

The only other thing I can think of: did you first visit the Page Setup dialog box and explicitly set the printer to your 3800?

Eric
Eric Chan

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 07:31:02 pm »

Quote from: madmanchan
So bizarre. That's exactly what mine looks like. I also currently have my 3800 in MK mode and when I need to print on plain paper I use the same settings as you do. Mine doesn't switch to PK.

The only other thing I can think of: did you first visit the Page Setup dialog box and explicitly set the printer to your 3800?

Eric

perhaps not.  will keep this in mind for next time.

Thanks Eric.

Rodney
Pages: [1]   Go Up