Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infrared panoramas  (Read 3343 times)

Wayne C

Infrared panoramas
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:31 am »

Hi All,

I've been out with the Gigapan Epic and my IR 350D and got these panorama images. The largest is the equivalent of a 663MP image:
DIMi article

There's also a link to download a full resolution image to look at all the detail.

Cheers,

Wayne
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:51:33 am by Wayne C »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Infrared panoramas
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:47 am »

"Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Perhaps searching will help.

DIMi has changed recently, so you may be following an old link. You can use the navigation links above, on the right or at the bottom of the page to find what you are looking for or do a search."
If your mind is attuned t

Wayne C

Infrared panoramas
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:52:26 am »

Fixed. I hadn't noticed the forum software truncated the URL.

Try this http://tinyurl.com/lo4fob

ChrisJR

• http://
Infrared panoramas
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 05:02:29 pm »

I really love the look of some infrared photography and one image about half way down your page, which measures 21989 x 855 pixels is the kind of look I want to experiment with. Really beautiful colours and look to it.

Who did you get your camera converted by?

Thanks
Chris

Wayne C

Infrared panoramas
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 05:35:34 pm »

Hey Chris,

Mine was done by MaxMax.com in the US. There's also Lifepixel.com and various other places. Lifepixel also sell do it yourself kits, though I have never tried this.

Remember you can do great images with an unconverted camera too, just your exposures will be long and so there are many types of photography you can't do. If you look at the other infrared articles on my site you'll find lots taken with unconverted cameras. There are also RAW files you can download to see what you'll get and experiment with processing them.

Cheers,

Wayne

Quote from: ChrisJR
I really love the look of some infrared photography and one image about half way down your page, which measures 21989 x 855 pixels is the kind of look I want to experiment with. Really beautiful colours and look to it.

Who did you get your camera converted by?

Thanks
Chris

ChrisJR

• http://
Infrared panoramas
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:52:27 pm »

Quote from: Wayne C
Hey Chris,

Mine was done by MaxMax.com in the US. There's also Lifepixel.com and various other places. Lifepixel also sell do it yourself kits, though I have never tried this.

Remember you can do great images with an unconverted camera too, just your exposures will be long and so there are many types of photography you can't do. If you look at the other infrared articles on my site you'll find lots taken with unconverted cameras. There are also RAW files you can download to see what you'll get and experiment with processing them.

Cheers,

Wayne
Thanks Wayne,

I'll have a look through your site in more detail when I get a chance.

I looked at the option of just using IR filters but I fancy having a dedicated IR camera which I can use normal autofocus and metering with.

Wayne C

Infrared panoramas
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 08:07:09 am »

It is a good move to get a converted camera if you can. I love mine and basically IR has become my passion. For me, it mirrors how I see the landscape (sounds weird but I hope you will understand). I still shoot ir with an unconverted camera at  times when I want those long exposure effects.

Cheers,

Wayne

Quote from: ChrisJR
Thanks Wayne,

I'll have a look through your site in more detail when I get a chance.

I looked at the option of just using IR filters but I fancy having a dedicated IR camera which I can use normal autofocus and metering with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up