Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Phase One Master Class' Workshop with Drew Gardner  (Read 25498 times)

tmx3

'Phase One Master Class' Workshop with Drew Gardner
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 02:50:04 pm »

I probably should've thought twice and shouldnt have said anything to be honest. Id sympathise with some of the points raised by my post and take that on board, but I did say it was only my opinion.  Is the photographer  more sucessful than me - yeah, sure I wouldnt deny that. i certainly wanst the first to express a similar opinion though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:51:24 pm by tmx3 »

SeanBK

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:12 pm »

I have been reading this post & replies from early on & cannot contain myself, that nobody has fathom the image.
   It is a simple photograph. "Throw in a NAKED model, throw some harsh angled light, then rest is just BULL." Snap the image & they shall come with their money. Really it reminds me of the old travelling circus, put up the tent, we all know what's in it - same old bull, but still people do come. What could he possibly give new information that we cannot find on our own? This is a Pro Forum, we all should know everything he could possibly show, if not than talk to your suppliers or other fine congenial photographers who reside here. Save your money in these economic times.  
My personal opinion is don't give anymore ink than he already got without any contribution in the forum. I know I just did.
    May be he can provide solution for MOIRE problems in Phase One Backs, but I doubt. As Doug Peterson suggestion is buy most expensive back then it will solved. May be that's why his model doesn't have any cloths, so no moire.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:29:01 pm by SeanBK »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 03:21:14 pm »

Quote from: SeanBK
May be he can provide solution for MOIRE problems in [any camera which doesn't soften the image with an AA filter*], but I doubt. As Doug Peterson suggestion is by most expensive back then it will solve. May be that's why his model don't have cloths, so moire.
*Quote clarified by Doug with brackets

Hasselblad offers cavorting around with ex-NASA-folk; that's pretty cool. But if you buy a P65+ you get beautiful naked models. You heard it here first.

If you want zero moire then no problem, shoot a dSLR which softens every image regardless of whether it needs it or not.

By the way the P40+ has the same extreme-low moire characteristics at half the price.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:24:38 pm by dougpetersonci »

SeanBK

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:40 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
*Quote clarified by Doug with brackets

Hasselblad offers cavorting around with ex-NASA-folk; that's pretty cool. But if you buy a P65+ you get beautiful naked models. You heard it here first.

If you want zero moire then no problem, shoot a dSLR which softens every image regardless of whether it needs it or not.

By the way the P40+ has the same extreme-low moire characteristics at half the price.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Doug, with all due respect, as you deservedly earned it, with your unrelenting pursuit of solving everyone's problem. I do respect your replies, I sincerely do. But you & I know that other than Michael Ezra our collegue @ L-L, most of us photograph at least some images that have people with cloths on & I definately understand MOIRE problem inherrent to Phase One's most backs, exception being the couple of most expensive backs.. My problem with this post is NOT Phase One, but how this quite expensive workshop with lotsa smoke & mirrors, that is so vehemently pushed by peeps who HAS NOT contributed anything in this forum.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:44:04 pm by SeanBK »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »

O, I hope my post didn't come across wrong. I only meant to be funny; wasn't jabbing at anyone/anything. Thanks for the kind words though.

Doug Peterson
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:59:50 pm by dougpetersonci »

Professional

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 05:12:37 am »

Too bad, there aren't any Phase One or Hasselblad workshops in NYC by October.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up