Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Blue Heron  (Read 1423 times)

dalethorn

Great Blue Heron
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:50:46 pm »

Panasonic G1, 45-200.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Great Blue Heron
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »

Nice shot, but if it was mine I think I'd darken the water - maybe 1/2 stop or so, just to accentuate the bird...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

dalethorn

Great Blue Heron
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:51:53 pm »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Nice shot, but if it was mine I think I'd darken the water - maybe 1/2 stop or so, just to accentuate the bird...
Mike.

Thanks - I see what you mean - too much green in that water.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Great Blue Heron
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
Panasonic G1, 45-200.

The heron is terrific as are the lily pads. But, the scraggly foliage in the front left is really distracting. I assume there was no way to shoot around this?

Peter

dalethorn

Great Blue Heron
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
The heron is terrific as are the lily pads. But, the scraggly foliage in the front left is really distracting. I assume there was no way to shoot around this?
Peter

Thanks for the thought. I have several hundred of herons in this area, and only a few with this general look. Of those, this was the only one printable. It's interesting how all of those opportunities came down to one shot.

Many of those other photos are printable, but don't have this unique look, so this is the one I like best.  I did a little cleanup already on the junk foliage on the left - perhaps I'll do some more later.  Good observation, nonetheless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up