Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rodenstock HR Digaron-W  (Read 3517 times)

marcmccalmont

Rodenstock HR Digaron-W
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:45:25 am »

Does anyone know why the Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm and 50mm are so expensive and the 70mm and 90mm are reasonably priced?
Does any one have a firs hand coparison between say the Rodenstock 50mm HR and the Schneider 47mm digitar?
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

georgl

Rodenstock HR Digaron-W
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »

The new WA-Digaron-lenses are (weak) retrofocus-designs, the number of elements/groups already shows how difficult those lenses are to design/assemble.   A Summilux 24mm also costs twice as much as a 50mm...
As long as your MFDB (or you're shooting film) can deal with more oblique light rays, classic, symmetrical designs are still the best choice (despite vignetting).

marcmccalmont

Rodenstock HR Digaron-W
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:57:58 pm »

Quote from: georgl
The new WA-Digaron-lenses are (weak) retrofocus-designs, the number of elements/groups already shows how difficult those lenses are to design/assemble.   A Summilux 24mm also costs twice as much as a 50mm...
As long as your MFDB (or you're shooting film) can deal with more oblique light rays, classic, symmetrical designs are still the best choice (despite vignetting).
George
I'll be using a P45+ and a cambo rs what lenses would you recommend that would resolve to the next generation MFDB like a P65+? I would like the investment in lenses to last beyond the P45+. up to 20mm shift so image circle is a consideration also.
Marc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:58:56 pm by marcmccalmont »
Marc McCalmont

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Rodenstock HR Digaron-W
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
George
I'll be using a P45+ and a cambo rs what lenses would you recommend that would resolve to the next generation MFDB like a P65+? I would like the investment in lenses to last beyond the P45+. up to 20mm shift so image circle is a consideration also.
Marc

Well I think your pushing it. You won't find a wide lens with 20mm shift for a P65. Or I must have missed a lens. The 47XL will be getting really soft at these shift numbers, on all other wide lenses you will already have hit a black circle. I am not 100% sure but I think to get something like a 20mm shift you need to get up to 70mm + I know that my Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 90mm can shift that much with the P65. The Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm however can't. Nore can the Schneider 35 or any wider lens.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

marcmccalmont

Rodenstock HR Digaron-W
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17:19 pm »

Quote from: Christopher
Well I think your pushing it. You won't find a wide lens with 20mm shift for a P65. Or I must have missed a lens. The 47XL will be getting really soft at these shift numbers, on all other wide lenses you will already have hit a black circle. I am not 100% sure but I think to get something like a 20mm shift you need to get up to 70mm + I know that my Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 90mm can shift that much with the P65. The Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm however can't. Nore can the Schneider 35 or any wider lens.
Which lenses are your favorites?
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up