Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UV coating removing magenta from images  (Read 1877 times)

Hank

UV coating removing magenta from images
« on: October 23, 2002, 06:14:46 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Sounds odd to me.  I would have assumed the loss of magenta was due more to your light source and white balance, or perhaps due to film choice if that was what you had been shooting.  Is there a loss of magenta elsewhere in the image?  Have you checked Michael's tutorial on white balance and color correction?  If the loss is consistent, as determined in Photoshop, I assume you could interpret the amount of correction you have to "dial in" after the fact to indicate the CC filter you could use on the lens as you shoot.
Strange.

Hank[/font]

Dan Sroka

• http://www.danielsroka.com
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 01:32:42 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Could be an issue with the angle of the light. Try slightly moving the camera or product, and watching how it effects the image.

When I have product shots, I always assume the color of products will need to be corrected post-shoot. Best way is to make sure your photoshop-jockey and your printer have a sample of the product on hand to compare to their proofs.[/font]

Brian R

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 04:29:00 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I am shooting a new line of wood products for the company I work for. All of the product has a UV coating that is affecting the magenta saturation in the images. Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do about it? I can correct the images in Photoshop, but would like to solve it at the camera (Scitex Leaf Volare on a Fuji GX680).

Brian[/font]

Brian R

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 09:25:59 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thanks Hank,
   The color loss is only in the product, the background and Macbeth color card read normal. I re-balance every time I move my lights, and I am shooting Digital. I've been shooting these products for several years, and this is the first time I have come across this problem. This is however, a new coating and the first time it has been photographed.

Brian[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up