Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new camera warranty  (Read 1207 times)

shybuck

new camera warranty
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:19:21 pm »

I just brought home a new 5D MKII. Wow, is all I can say. My question is, what kind of extended warranty should I buy.

My camera store person will sell me a 3 year warranty for $300.00. I just take it back to them , they send it to Canon and give me a loaner for the period of time I'm without a camera. With a 5 yr Mack warranty at $129.99, I send them the camera and they fix it, I'm without a camera. In the past I have bought a Mack Warranty. I've never had an issue with them and they have always come through for me with no problems.

I know of no other options. What's the consensus?

Boris_Epix

new camera warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:13:09 pm »

Quote from: shybuck
I just brought home a new 5D MKII. Wow, is all I can say. My question is, what kind of extended warranty should I buy.

My camera store person will sell me a 3 year warranty for $300.00. I just take it back to them , they send it to Canon and give me a loaner for the period of time I'm without a camera. With a 5 yr Mack warranty at $129.99, I send them the camera and they fix it, I'm without a camera. In the past I have bought a Mack Warranty. I've never had an issue with them and they have always come through for me with no problems.

Extended warranty is a rip-off. With such high-tech devices they can't fix it anyway if something is really screwed up. And chances are probably higher that you drop the cam or do something else to void the warranty.

And 1,5 years from now the next best thing will be available for half the price and you'll want to have it anyway.

Nowaday it's not about repairs. It's about replacing.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
new camera warranty
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:55:59 am »

Quote from: shybuck

Do you make a living with your camera? if yes then the 3 year one sounds a good deal, providing they guarantee to have a loaner. if I had something like that when I bought my 1DsmkIII i would not be in the spot I am now. yes I have a second camera, but not with the later models low light ability and I don't want to go out on a job with just one camera.

Kevin.
Kevin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up