Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 / QImage - Auto-rotate stopped working  (Read 2433 times)

wsolum

Z3100 / QImage - Auto-rotate stopped working
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:58:47 pm »

The HP utility updated my driver software recently and now when I try to print a test strip (5.5" x 24") it wants to use 24" paper length rather than the 24" width.  In the driver I've tried auto rotate on and off, 90 degree rotate, specifiying roll width as 24" rather than retrive from printer -- nothing works.  It always prints 5" wide and 24" long (I cancel it of course).

I'm using the most recent version of QImage (updated after problem appeared and couldn't resolve).

Paper definition is set to 24" long and 5.51" wide but the driver won't let the width be set greater than the length and the way it's currently set worked previously.

I've cycled the printer and my pc.  Any clues??

Thanks,
Wayne

wsolum

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:11:04 pm »

Okay, I've got it to work but this is NOT what I've had to do in the past.

I used the rotate 90 degrees cw button to get the print preview to move from the left (vertical) to the top (horizontal).  This has never been the case before but apparently it is now.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Wayne

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:14:49 pm »

Quote from: wsolum
The HP utility updated my driver software recently and now when I try to print a test strip (5.5" x 24") it wants to use 24" paper length rather than the 24" width.  In the driver I've tried auto rotate on and off, 90 degree rotate, specifiying roll width as 24" rather than retrive from printer -- nothing works.  It always prints 5" wide and 24" long (I cancel it of course).

I'm using the most recent version of QImage (updated after problem appeared and couldn't resolve).

Paper definition is set to 24" long and 5.51" wide but the driver won't let the width be set greater than the length and the way it's currently set worked previously.

I've cycled the printer and my pc.  Any clues??

Thanks,
Wayne

The PCL3 driver?

If you set the print page size in the driver at 24" wide then the size you can print will be 10 mm less if you are not using borderless printing. The maximum width size you can actually use is shown above the preview page of Qimage.

It is correct that the latest PCL3 driver no longer allows a shorter length than width setting but if you agree that it is reversed in the print page size setting and you click on landscape in the driver it will print landscape wise on the width of the roll in Qimage. But only when the image size fits the width without printer margins. Sometimes I forget that there is an extra border setting done in Qimage and it will not fit the width either then even when I check the netto width size.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

wsolum

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:34:08 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
The PCL3 driver?

If you set the print page size in the driver at 24" wide then the size you can print will be 10 mm less if you are not using borderless printing. The maximum width size you can actually use is shown above the preview page of Qimage.

It is correct that the latest PCL3 driver no longer allows a shorter length than width setting but if you agree that it is reversed in the print page size setting and you click on landscape in the driver it will print landscape wise on the width of the roll in Qimage. But only when the image size fits the width without printer margins. Sometimes I forget that there is an extra border setting done in Qimage and it will not fit the width either then even when I check the netto width size.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Yes, PCL3.  The previous driver version I was using had the same requirement that length had to be greater than width and QImage handled it properly with AutoRotate set in the driver.  Any length less than 23.?? would print to the width, while those greater would print to paper length.

Not sure why it changed or what else I'll encounter.

Wayne

sojournerphoto

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:36 am »

Quote from: wsolum
Yes, PCL3.  The previous driver version I was using had the same requirement that length had to be greater than width and QImage handled it properly with AutoRotate set in the driver.  Any length less than 23.?? would print to the width, while those greater would print to paper length.

Not sure why it changed or what else I'll encounter.

Wayne

I had some issues with that upgrade, solved by reinstalling from the website rather than through the print utility.

Ernst, I've never managed to print borderless from the Z3100 - is it possible?

Thanks

Mike

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:35:34 am »

CMurph
Pages: [1]   Go Up