Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo vs NEC  (Read 17989 times)

jjlphoto

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 10:08:22 am »

Quote from: pshambroom
I just ordered a refurb NEC LCD2690WUXi, an online seller called Tech for Less in Colorado has over thirty of them for $732. It arrives today, I'll let you know if there's any problems with it. It seems like a great deal for a photo editing monitor.

I was considering the 26" as well. The thing that bothered me was the specs regarding pixels per inch. Currently I have a 21" Eizo and its pixel specs are same as the NEC 24" unit. But for the NEC 26" units, it seems they are simply spreading the same dots over a larger area.

Eizo 21" Native Resolution 1600x1200 /    Pixel Pitch .270mm /    PPI 94.
NEC 24" Native Resolution 1920x1200 /    Pixel Pitch .270mm /    PPI 94.
NEC 26'' Native Resolution 1920x1200 /    Pixel Pitch .287mm /    PPI 89.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:09:14 am by jjlphoto »
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

pshambroom

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:45 pm »

It just arrived. No documentation or written warranty, only a power and VGA cable. I called NEC, they say this is standard for refurbs- you have to download the manual and buy a DVI cable. They said Tech For Less is an authorized retailer, the refurb warranty is one year. The NEC refurb sticker on the box says it was manufactured 2007.04, the recertification was 2009.07. Don't know if it has new backlight tubes. As I understand it, one advantage of this line  is that it does auto correction of changing color and output of backlight. I'll report if any problems. Still seems like a great deal.

pshambroom

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »

Follow up: The display looks fine, BUT I have not been able to use SpectraView II that I purchased as a separate download from NEC. Trying to connect it with my existing X-rite i One2 calibrator and my new Mac Pro (quad core, 10.5.8), I get an error message when I launch SpectraView "Unable to communicate with monitor.." I've spent a lot of time on the phone with NEC support, no solution yet. We will probably have to do an exchange.
They also told me thy do NOT replace backlight tubes in refurbs unless they were causing a problem. Mine has 4400 hours on it, seems like a lot but they said they are rated at around 50k hours.
THe monitor looks great, I hope we can get this figured out so I can use it.

Quote from: tho_mas
interessting!
In how far "refurbished"? Do you happen to know if it has new backlight?

wtlloyd

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:41 pm »

How did you obtain the hours of use information for your unit?

Paul Sumi

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 03:01:45 pm »

Quote from: wtlloyd
How did you obtain the hours of use information for your unit?

If you use Spectraview II it will tell you the number of hours on your NEC monitor.

Paul

pixtweak

Eizo vs NEC
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 01:45:08 am »

Quote from: pshambroom
Follow up: The display looks fine, BUT I have not been able to use SpectraView II that I purchased as a separate download from NEC. Trying to connect it with my existing X-rite i One2 calibrator and my new Mac Pro (quad core, 10.5.8), I get an error message when I launch SpectraView "Unable to communicate with monitor.." I've spent a lot of time on the phone with NEC support, no solution yet. We will probably have to do an exchange.

"Apple Macs with an Nividia graphics card or chipset and Mac OS 10.5.6 or higher may give a "No communications" error in SpectraView on some early production (before mid-2007) models of LCD90 series displays, including the LCD2690WUXi and LCD2490WUXi. Please contact NEC Technical Support directly for assistance. "

http://www.necdisplay.com/supportcenter/mo...ity_Information

Not sure what your system configuration is, but there are several issues with new Macs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up