Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do you advertise?  (Read 2381 times)

buckshot

Where do you advertise?
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:02:36 am »

Not sure where to post this, so this area seemed like the safest place (perhaps we could have a section called something like 'The business of photography'). With the ever expanding nature of the internet, I'm just wondering where pro photographers (particularly fine art / landscape) are choosing to advertise these days? I've had advertisements in traditional print media, but I'm increasingly thinking that online makes more sense? Anyway, whaddyathink?

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
Where do you advertise?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:30:20 am »

There are various stratergies for selling ones work.

IMHO regular print media does not seem to generate a success for most Fine Art photographers, unless they are well know. Your probably better off getting your work into the market place in galleries, shows, competitions etc and building up a bit of a name for yourself and your work. They may work OK for photographic services, although in modest sized communities a good networking group can be far more successful than anything in producing work and recommendations.

Alternatively / in addition a website / blog  seems to help out fairly well for some folk.

Steven
image examples are at my website  [url=h
Pages: [1]   Go Up