Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rz lenses on digital back  (Read 12595 times)

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
Rz lenses on digital back
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 02:28:59 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
My experience with my RZ bodies (Pro and ProII) with an Aptus 54S, shooting into LC11.x, has been great.  Few problems not remedied with a CLA of a lens or two.  I think the tolerances are better than the V system, although the 503cw was pretty tight.  

As to the lenses, they are all good.  I do like the 80 2.8 for the M645 system, but the 110 on the RZ is very, very nice.

Disclaimer:  I don't shoot too many high volume 5k shots a day shoots with the RZ. When I did, I had a few problems, but nothing more than the usual MFDB nonsense.  A ds3 is better suited for that anyway.  I know as a tech you see all sorts of nonsense all day long, especially on the software side.  LC10 was awful.  I was scarred for life by it.

FINALLY found the quote: "...'I think there is a good chance that Capture One will be the new software platform for Leaf users" -Hasselblad's CEO Christian Poulsen

story here.  

...got into an interesting discussion with a Leaf "person" about the long, tortured path of Leaf Capture, found out it wasn't just me.
Ted Dillard

TMARK

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »

Quote from: teddillard
FINALLY found the quote: "...'I think there is a good chance that Capture One will be the new software platform for Leaf users" -Hasselblad's CEO Christian Poulsen

story here.  

...got into an interesting discussion with a Leaf "person" about the long, tortured path of Leaf Capture, found out it wasn't just me.

That would make me really, really happy.  LC11 is stable, and I like the moire tool better than C1, but C1 is just miles ahead of LC11.

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
That would make me really, really happy.  LC11 is stable, and I like the moire tool better than C1, but C1 is just miles ahead of LC11.

yeah, that conversation I had was about how C1 is essentially the same as 5 or more years ago, and just a great, solid process that most other systems have evolved to resemble...  I think (hope) it is a great step forward for Leaf users.  Sorry, kind of getting off-topic.
Ted Dillard

pchong

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:10 pm »

um...back to the topic...

anyone used and recommend or not for the APO lens? Particularly the 4.5/210mm?

TMARK

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 02:18:06 am »

Quote from: pchong
um...back to the topic...

anyone used and recommend or not for the APO lens? Particularly the 4.5/210mm?

The 210 is really good.

michele

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 12:48:51 pm »

I think there is a lot of mystere around the RZ and digital backs...

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 04:48:10 am »

Quote from: michele
I think there is a lot of mystere around the RZ and digital backs...

Hi Michele,

Take it from me, there is no mystery around the Mamiya RZ with a Leaf Aptus 75.

In my opinion it is a fantastic system. It would be a cold day in hell if I ever gave up my system.

All the best,

Simon
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:53:15 am by HarperPhotos »
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 02:31:55 am »

agreed, no mystery

mine always worked, never a problem

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 03:35:47 pm »

Quote from: asf
agreed, no mystery

mine always worked, never a problem

My RZ Pro II has always worked with several different Phase One backs, from a H25 - P45+.  The only thing you really have to do is make sure you have the cabling correct on the RZ or RZ Pro II.  The Pro IID (Digital) is very simple since it requires no cables to connect to the camera.

Chris Lawery
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]

pchong

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:34 pm »

Quick question to confirm my understanding for the RZ non D...is that I have to get the body modified to accept the Mamiya or Phase back plate, and once modified, the camera cannot be used to shoot film anymore. But with the ProIID, you can shoot film or digital as you wish.

And with any of the RZ on a Phase back, the revolving back does not work. Will it work on the RB?

Is my understanding correct?

Quote from: clawery
My RZ Pro II has always worked with several different Phase One backs, from a H25 - P45+.  The only thing you really have to do is make sure you have the cabling correct on the RZ or RZ Pro II.  The Pro IID (Digital) is very simple since it requires no cables to connect to the camera.

Chris Lawery
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:16:32 am by pchong »

Fritzer

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 08:37:09 am »

Quick question to confirm my understanding for the RZ non D...is that I have to get the body modified to accept the Mamiya or Phase back plate, and once modified, the camera cannot be used to shoot film anymore. But with the ProIID, you can shoot film or digital as you wish.

And with any of the RZ on a Phase back, the revolving back does not work. Will it work on the RB?

I don't know about Phase backs, but my Leaf Aptus75 works just fine with the ProII (non-D) I have, using a Leaf adapter plate.
It's basically like using a large format camera with analog shutters.

As for lenses, I have the 50/110/150 , and the sharpness is superb - actually slighly better than what I get with most digital lenses for LF .
The only issue is color fringing when shooting wide open, but it disappears a couple stops down.

RobertJ

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »

Well, if you use an RZII, you don't want to use the Mamiya electronic plate.  Use the Leaf plates for Mamiya AFD mount, Hassy V mount, Leaf AFi mount, or Hassy H mount backs, along with a cable, or use the Phase One Hassy V plate that works with Hassy V mount backs on the RZII, which has 2 cables, I think.  No need for modifications.

PLLove

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 09:57:59 pm »

Quote from: T-1000
Well, if you use an RZII, you don't want to use the Mamiya electronic plate.  Use the Leaf plates for Mamiya AFD mount, Hassy V mount, Leaf AFi mount, or Hassy H mount backs, along with a cable, or use the Phase One Hassy V plate that works with Hassy V mount backs on the RZII, which has 2 cables, I think.  No need for modifications.

Yeah, if I ever get another RZ, I will get the PROII-nonD and the Leaf adapter plate for my Aptus 22.

I am content with the 645 system at the moment.

-PL

pchong

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 04:25:57 am »

Thanks, I am just about to buy a RZ...probably RZ ProII, non D. Will the backs still rotate?

Quote from: T-1000

Gregory King

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:29 pm »

Thanks, I am just about to buy a RZ...probably RZ ProII, non D. Will the backs still rotate?

I use the Leaf adapter with the Pro II (non-D).

It was allegedly for the 17, but it looks like it's got a big enough opening to work for the 22 (at least).  It DOES rotate, but I read somewhere that some of the Phase adapters do NOT rotate.

I use it with my Phase H10, so, due to the contour of the back, it required some dremeling to make the H10 fit on the adapter.

The digital back is easily interchangeable with the film backs.

The biggest hassle is coordinating all the trigger signals and actions.  I have a wake-up cable, then I have to shoot within 4 seconds.  I got the power winder to recock the shutter for me to remove that step in the process.  If I want to shoot MLU, I have to click one cable to move the mirror, click the wake-up cable, then click the shutter release.

Greg

TMARK

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 04:44:56 pm »

Quote from: Gregory King
The biggest hassle is coordinating all the trigger signals and actions.  I have a wake-up cable, then I have to shoot within 4 seconds.  I got the power winder to recock the shutter for me to remove that step in the process.  If I want to shoot MLU, I have to click one cable to move the mirror, click the wake-up cable, then click the shutter release.

Greg

This was my major gripe with my Phase P30+:  The wakeup cable for the RZ.  I now have an Aptus 54s in H mount with the H to RZ plate.  Good times.

Voltman

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 09:33:31 pm »

bump

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »

@TMARK

Is that with a RZ pro II or a pro IID?
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

TMARK

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 02:15:32 am »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
@TMARK

Is that with a RZ pro II or a pro IID?

Pro, ProII.  I have my father's Pro body and two ProIIs.  I passed on the IID because the interface is the same in the AFd1, which I never liked.  The less electronics the better.

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »

May I ask another question just to clarify:

Did I understand it correctly that I can use my P30 (Mamiya mount) with RZ (non-D) camera using a Leaf adaptor, like this one? (provided I have a sync cord)

Appreciate clear answer )))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:47:35 pm by R_Medvid »
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up