Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC LCD2490WUXi2 box size and stand questions  (Read 3292 times)

ScottMcGlynn

NEC LCD2490WUXi2 box size and stand questions
« on: August 08, 2009, 05:56:56 am »

***I put the wrong model number in the subject line...this is about the NEC LED2690WUXi2***

Ladies (are there any ladies around here?) and Gentlemen,

I have an issue. I live in Okinawa Japan on a military base and order my equipment via an APO box. The limits on shipping something to this box are 70 pounds and 108 inches (that's length plus circumference). I tried to order a NEC LCD2690WUXi2 last week from B & H and they told me the box was too big. My research has led me to a total size of 111 inches. I can't believe it takes that big of a box to ship a 26 inch monitor, but apparently it does. So, I have a couple of questions from those of you who have one:

1. What are the dimensions of the box it comes in (L x W x H)?

2. Does the stand easily come off? If so, would this make the monitor easier to fit into a smaller box? What are the outside dimensions of the monitor without the stand?

I'm considering shipping it to a friend in the states and then having him build me a custom shipping box out of plywood that would be under 108 inches and yet still safely cradle the monitor. If it helps by removing the stand and shipping it separately, then we could do that as well.

BTW, I can buy it locally but it would cost me another $900 extra to do so. Fortunately my status as a DoD employee here allows me to purchase items from the states and ship them here duty and tax free (as long as it's less than 70 pounds and 108 inches...)

Thank you

Scott McGlynn
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:59:14 am by ScottMcGlynn »

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:01:51 am »

Why not order it, and if it bounces just forward it to your friend? The dimensions are close enough.

ScottMcGlynn

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:01:01 am »

Quote from: feppe
Why not order it, and if it bounces just forward it to your friend? The dimensions are close enough.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. It's too big. They will not ship it to me as it stands. That I know for sure. What I'm looking for is to be certain that I CAN actually build a box around it that IS small enough BEFORE I buy it and have it shipped to my friend. I really don't feel like buying my buddy a $1200 monitor because it was still too big to ship after I've bought it.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:45:49 pm »

Quote from: ScottMcGlynn
1. What are the dimensions of the box it comes in (L x W x H)?

Mine is 28.5x17.5x23.5 inches

It appears the base might come off by removing a group of screws. Not sure that's necessary. Now I don't recall how it shipped and was setup, that was years ago. But looking at the manual, it shows how to attache the base to the back of the actual panel. Looking at the box and setup unit, I can't see how it would fit without this being separated when shipped. .5
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:15 pm »

Full dimensions of the display and stand are here:
http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/Me...ine_drawing.pdf

Instructions on how to remove the stand are on page 7 here (it is a latch and is very easy to remove):
http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/Us...user_manual.pdf

Weight with stand is about 13.1kg. 9.7kg without stand.

Shipping box is 732(W) x 604(H) x 452(D) mm for the LCD2690WUXi. I don't have the LCD2690WUXi2 dimensions with me now, but they are very close.

Having said that, I would caution against trying to ship it in a smaller box if at all possible. The box for this display is purposely over-sized and packing is very generous for a reason.
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

Adele

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 07:48:18 pm »

Hi Scott,
There are lots of ladies here!
I recently purchased the NEC 2690 from B & H.  The NEC box (which I still have) was very well packed and measures approx. 18"x 23.5" x 28.5".  B&H then put this box into another box, which they cushioned with bubble wrap.  I no longer have the larger box, so cannot tell you what size it was.  
Good luck in getting it shipped - it's a wonderful monitor!
Best, Adele

Pages: [1]   Go Up