Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 not printing  (Read 7894 times)

tonywong

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 12:54:12 am »

Quote from: Mark Potter
good lord! information overload! if my answer is in there I'm screwed...it must have recored every crash. There's know way I am going to know what to do with this...

Thanks for pointing helping me with this but I don't see what I can do with this info...it's all greek to me?

BTW I installed the Vista drive on my wife's laptop per HP's request, I guess to confim the printer is ok and I don't see any issues, I have made three small prints. I have not been able to install the Printer Utility on her laptop as I have an error when trying to install but the driver went in ok and seems to be working from the little photo program she has installed - All my graphics apps are mac based on my Mac so I can only print through what she has but seem to be going through the driver fine.

Whilst you still have your 5 day support you might consider asking them if they want the crash report. Does it say consistently which thread is crashed and what it was doing?

If you want to start digging into the crash log yourself, here are some good starting points
http://www.macworld.com/article/61222/2007...geekfactor.html
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/checkconsole.html

This one is the deeper side of the pool:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2123.html

Mark Potter

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »

Well, after working with HP for two weeks having me reload everything they are bailing on me and telling me to talk to Apple support...and I paid them to tell me this...

Roscolo

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 02:18:29 pm »

Man, what a pain. I thought about suggesting this to you earlier, but now I definitely would do this. Just set up a cheap computer and run XP and print from there. You should be able to do that for less than $300-$400. Do all your work on your new Mac. Then either preferably through a network, or through just a USB external drive move your finished files.  Be a lot easier and faster and probaby cheaper than dealing with all the headaches. I dual-boot many OS's just for this reason. For the same reason, I avoid "upgrades" to my OS, hardware, firmware, etc.  If everything is working, I'm in no hurry to change ANYTHING.

Good luck

tonywong

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 03:43:12 pm »

Well, after working with HP for two weeks having me reload everything they are bailing on me and telling me to talk to Apple support...and I paid them to tell me this...

Have you tried clearing your caches? Perhaps uploading a log file of the crash would help diagnose the issue. You can select the crashreporter Photoshop log in the console application and choose save as.

You can email it to me at tonyhtwong at gmail dot com and I'll take a look at if you want. No promises on what I can do with it though.

Mark Potter

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 04:54:35 pm »

Quote from: tonywong
Have you tried clearing your caches? Perhaps uploading a log file of the crash would help diagnose the issue. You can select the crashreporter Photoshop log in the console application and choose save as.

You can email it to me at tonyhtwong at gmail dot com and I'll take a look at if you want. No promises on what I can do with it though.

I will clearing the chases. I will also send you a Crashreporter photoshop log to your email address. any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!

Mark Potter

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:12 pm »

I will clearing the chases. I will also send you a Crashreporter photoshop log to your email address. any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!

YOU FIXED IT!!!!  It prints! I deleted any thing in the cashes folder with HP, restarted and have done a few test prints and no crashes, even restarted between making prints to make sure it was stable and it still working! Thanks for the advice, I have deleted pref. before but never know about cashes...hard lesson to learn but a valuable one...Thanks so much for getting this printer working again!!!

I still cannot get my papers to show up on the print window but there are in the printer? and still can't get a sheet to print but never could before even with a custom paper size? but at least I can get back to fighting with it again...

tonywong

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 12:39:27 pm »

YOU FIXED IT!!!!  It prints! I deleted any thing in the cashes folder with HP, restarted and have done a few test prints and no crashes, even restarted between making prints to make sure it was stable and it still working! Thanks for the advice, I have deleted pref. before but never know about cashes...hard lesson to learn but a valuable one...Thanks so much for getting this printer working again!!!

I still cannot get my papers to show up on the print window but there are in the printer? and still can't get a sheet to print but never could before even with a custom paper size? but at least I can get back to fighting with it again...

You're welcome, Mark.

I was suspecting either the caches or bad fonts since you were able to print once from each configuration.

Have you tried rebooting the printer yet to see if your paper list comes up again? I remember having a problem like that but I hadn't rebooted my HP in almost 4 months.

Mark Potter

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 06:00:10 pm »

Quote from: tonywong
You're welcome, Mark.

I was suspecting either the caches or bad fonts since you were able to print once from each configuration.

Have you tried rebooting the printer yet to see if your paper list comes up again? I remember having a problem like that but I hadn't rebooted my HP in almost 4 months.

I have rebooted the printer. I can see the papers in the printer but non are showing up either the HP Printer Utility or in any of the print dialog boxes?

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Z3100 not printing
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:07 pm »

Out of curiosity, when you try to print sheets, are you selecting Finishing > Source > Manual Feed in the driver?  I wish I could help you with your paper list issue, as I broke that capability with a firmware upgrade a year or so ago and had to resort to connecting with USB instead of ethernet for calibrating and profiling until they upgraded the firmware again.   I'm happy to hear that you can at least print now.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

tonywong

Z3100 not printing
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:51 am »

I have rebooted the printer. I can see the papers in the printer but non are showing up either the HP Printer Utility or in any of the print dialog boxes?

So going into the HP Printer Utility, selecting your printer, choosing Paper Preset Management does not give you a list of papers in the right hand part of the window? If there is a list, click the refresh button on the lower right hand corner.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up