Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naples, FL  (Read 2550 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Naples, FL
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:50:15 pm »

We have moved our permanent residence to Naples, FL.  I'd like to hear from others about spots they have found that offered interesting landscape scenes.  Ideally within a 4 hour drive from Naples as the max for a day trip.

As I'm finally getting settled into our new residence, I have time to get in a few day trips and put the camera back into use.
Thanks,
Jack

Philip Weber

Naples, FL
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:55 pm »

Quote from: Lust4Life
We have moved our permanent residence to Naples, FL.  I'd like to hear from others about spots they have found that offered interesting landscape scenes.  Ideally within a 4 hour drive from Naples as the max for a day trip.

As I'm finally getting settled into our new residence, I have time to get in a few day trips and put the camera back into use.
Thanks,
Jack

I lived in Naples for 2 1/2 years and left last November for my new home in Asheville, NC. If you like photographing birds, there are a ton of great spots in the area. I'd recommend the following for birds and nature shots in general:

Ding Darling
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Naples Zoo
Sanibel Island
Clyde Butcher's gallery in the everglades...sign up for one of his swamp walks!
Wiggin's Pass State Park
Lover's Key State Park
Little Estero Lagoon (Ft. Myers Beach)
Naples Pier

All of the above are either in Naples or no more than a one hour drive. Within four hours, there are obviously a lot more spots, but these will get you started, are very close and can be great places to shoot, depending on the time of year.

If you're really into birds, check out Art Morris - Birds as Art site. This time of year isn't too good but November-April is great. Hey, they know when the weather is good down there too!

Good luck and enjoy Naples...sorry you moved there in August though!

Phil

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Naples, FL
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 06:20:02 am »

Phil,

Thanks for suggestions.  I'm not into critters & birds - mostly landscapes and abstracts.
Enjoy Asheville!  Great town, but be sure to keep a fire going in the winter compared to Naples.
Two of our favorite eating spots there are Tupelo Honey for dinner and Early Girl for breakfast.

Jack

Quote from: Philip Weber
I lived in Naples for 2 1/2 years and left last November for my new home in Asheville, NC. If you like photographing birds, there are a ton of great spots in the area. I'd recommend the following for birds and nature shots in general:

Ding Darling
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Naples Zoo
Sanibel Island
Clyde Butcher's gallery in the everglades...sign up for one of his swamp walks!
Wiggin's Pass State Park
Lover's Key State Park
Little Estero Lagoon (Ft. Myers Beach)
Naples Pier

All of the above are either in Naples or no more than a one hour drive. Within four hours, there are obviously a lot more spots, but these will get you started, are very close and can be great places to shoot, depending on the time of year.

If you're really into birds, check out Art Morris - Birds as Art site. This time of year isn't too good but November-April is great. Hey, they know when the weather is good down there too!

Good luck and enjoy Naples...sorry you moved there in August though!

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up