Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 35-90mm HC Verdict?  (Read 25766 times)

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Hasselblad 35-90mm HC Verdict?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:58 pm »

Chris Franson  at Ulsaker has taken care of me.  He worked with Hasselblad to exchange out.  I will report on some new images in the near future. Mark

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 03:14:56 pm »

Quote from: MarkKay
Chris Franson  at Ulsaker has taken care of me.  He worked with Hasselblad to exchange out.  I will report on some new images in the near future. Mark
It seems that Hasselblad have entirely lost the plot, as their expensive, newly developed zoom does not have the image circle to cover the sensor on their latest and best camera, the H3D11-60 in the brochure it says "marginal crop"... it will be interesting to see some shot with this combination to see how bad the vingetting is... but I will not be buying one.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

MarkKay

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 06:36:10 pm »

The replacement lens is much better.

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
It seems that Hasselblad have entirely lost the plot, as their expensive, newly developed zoom does not have the image circle to cover the sensor on their latest and best camera, the H3D11-60 in the brochure it says "marginal crop"... it will be interesting to see some shot with this combination to see how bad the vingetting is... but I will not be buying one.

BobDavid

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 07:35:50 pm »

The replacement lens is much better.

Glad to hear that Mark. You've seemed to have had some bad luck with some of your Hasselblad acquisitions. What's your verdict on the tilt shift adapter?

MarkKay

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 03:23:57 am »

There are a couple of things I should clarify.  One is that true I did have some issues with acquisitions but I also had some previous issues that were not the fault of Hasselblad but problems with communication and responses from their repair service. These have all been rectified and I am satisfied with the service I have gotten.  I am not sure if my HTS adapter needs a slight adjustment or not yet. I am going to take it out and use it on Monday. It seems to be optically fine. Just some issues with shift slide. May or may not be... I just need to compare with someone else who has one.   I am quite happy with the 35-90 to date but have used it in a limited manner. Time will tell...  

Quote from: BobDavid
Glad to hear that Mark. You've seemed to have had some bad luck with some of your Hasselblad acquisitions. What's your verdict on the tilt shift adapter?

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:38 am »

I did additional test shots today against an old brick wall gate.  I can conclude that the 35-90mm is sharper than the 50-110mm at the lower focal length-- 50mm  with the exception of the corners (H3DII-31). At 80 and 90mm, the difference in sharpness is very marginal and I could not honestly saw there was a noticeable difference except at the corners where the 50-110 was a bit better albeit the difference in the corners was much less noticeable than what I observed at 50mm.  This pretty much held true at all focal lengths I examined. So far that was 4.5-8.  I have not carefully looked at the f11, 16 images.  

I would really be curious as to results of others and if anyone has taken shots with the H3DII-39, 50 or 60. Mark

just did a few tests against my 50-110mm

The 35-90 beats the 50-110mm at 50mm hands down

at 70mm, they're about equal and at 90mm the 50-110mm performs better.

The extreme corners are weaker overall in the 35-90mm. Looks like I'll have to zoom out about 2mm each time to compensate for that.

All my RAWs were converted in ACR, so no distortion correction was performed. Perhaps the correct in Phocus will help the files quite abit

Overall this lens is a beauty to handle, and it makes the camera feel well balanced.
Autofocus is snappier also.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 08:43:40 am »

Quote from: jing q
The extreme corners are weaker overall in the 35-90mm. Looks like I'll have to zoom out about 2mm each time to compensate for that.
The MTF charts indicate that the 35-90 is less than ideal at the edges, and a great deal less than ideal in the corners if you are using an H3D11-60 - what back/format were you using?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 10:49:37 am »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
The MTF charts indicate that the 35-90 is less than ideal at the edges, and a great deal less than ideal in the corners if you are using an H3D11-60 - what back/format were you using?

the h3d-II 39

well there are always compromises in life unfortunately...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up