Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PO DB gone for fixing to Denmark and lost  (Read 11639 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
PO DB gone for fixing to Denmark and lost
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 03:21:02 am »

Quote from: tesfoto
I agree, not many companies will give you this kind of service.

Most American companies I have dealt with have very good service. For example, I've had lost-in-transit from Red River Paper, and they sent a replacement delivery it without a delay.

Good luck getting such service from European (well, non-UK) companies, which usually treat their customers as a nuisance and a necessary evil. It doesn't help that customers have the  same attitude as Frank: even the customer doesn't think they are right. The only way to get service anywhere on this continent is to pay premium on everything.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:22:47 am by feppe »

ziocan

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 03:25:06 am »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof
Maybe this will fall the wrong way but don't take it like that.

As I see in the first post the back was lost in transport at customs, NOT when with phase one.
To be honest I find it great service they get you a new back.
I've lost something during transport a while ago and could wait until it was recovered, which took nearly 2 months.

Than again, this is a much more expensive item of course.
But they could also have said, please inform your insurance company.

So although the back is not as pristine as what you had I think it's already great service they replaced it for you and not let you wait.
When there's such a good service I think they will also respond to your question on the scratch.
Especially now the rest seems to work great.
well, we do not know exactly how it has been lost, that was the message the customer got from Phase.
yet having to ship to another country an expensive item practically 95% of the times it needs to be serviced, it is not a great option.
that is hardly good customer service.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:27:53 am by ziocan »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 06:19:50 am »

I disagree with Frank.

The item was undisputedly in possession of Phase. When shipping it back the risk during shipping is still with Phase and not with the customer. It is their responsibility to get it safely in the hands of their customer. If using an insured service with the likes of UPS it is up to Phase to get it sorted out. I am pretty sure it did not get send out by regular mail but via a courier company like UPS/Fedex/etc.., I am also pretty sure it was send via Phases account with that company.

tesfoto

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 07:32:21 am »

Quote from: Dustbak
I disagree with Frank.

The item was undisputedly in possession of Phase. When shipping it back the risk during shipping is still with Phase and not with the customer. It is their responsibility to get it safely in the hands of their customer. If using an insured service with the likes of UPS it is up to Phase to get it sorted out. I am pretty sure it did not get send out by regular mail but via a courier company like UPS/Fedex/etc.., I am also pretty sure it was send via Phases account with that company.

I think you are wrong, if you read the original post it was lost in Danish customs on the way in to Phase HQ.

Quote from: R_Medvid
Now arrives.... another P30 RF back with info that my back is somewhere lost in Danish Customs office  

Items only go through customs when it arrives to a EU country not when it is sent back - there you will have to deal with the Ukranian customs.

IE the back was never in Phase One possession - or is there something I misunderstood.

Not knowing who actually send the package to Denmark it is hard to know the whole story - as written I agree with Frank that it could be a matter for the Mr. Medvins insurance company (or FedEx / UPS etc) not Phase One.

Phase One do however IMHO in this case provide an extraordinary good service.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 08:46:39 am »

Quote from: tesfoto
I think you are wrong, if you read the original post it was lost in Danish customs on the way in to Phase HQ.

Items only go through customs when it arrives to a EU country not when it is sent back - there you will have to deal with the Ukranian customs.

IE the back was never in Phase One possession - or is there something I misunderstood.

Not knowing who actually send the package to Denmark it is hard to know the whole story - as written I agree with Frank that it could be a matter for the Mr. Medvins insurance company (or FedEx / UPS etc) not Phase One.

Phase One do however IMHO in this case provide an extraordinary good service.

You are right, it seems I misread parts. After reading back it appears the dealer send it off to Denmark where it got lost. In that case the dealer should be the one fixing this. To make my point a bit clearer, I believe the party that is sending whatever item is the one responsible for making sure it gets where it is supposed to be.

tesfoto

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 08:57:44 am »

Quote from: Dustbak
You are right, it seems I misread parts. After reading back it appears the dealer send it off to Denmark where it got lost. In that case the dealer should be the one fixing this. To make my point a bit clearer, I believe the party that is sending whatever item is the one responsible for making sure it gets where it is supposed to be.

Exactly, I completely agree.

However folks seem to bang P1 for not providing - I think they actually did much more than expected.

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:56 am »

I didn't communicate it correctly, I'm afraid.

The back arrived to Phase One, was accepted for repairs and in a week or so was ready and fixed.

It was sent out from Denmark but for some reason was returned back from Ukraine Customs  to Denmark. After that is only obscurity...

Dustbak, you got it exactly as it is.

But still these details don't make me happier or Phase One more delicate in dealing with this issue.

I have my digital back lost, and silently substituted with a worse unit. period.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:00:23 am by R_Medvid »
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 11:26:39 am »

@feppe,
What's wrong with my attitude ?

I'm a really relaxed customer, I know about the POOR POOR customer support from the European companies, especially in the Netherlands it's been getting worse by the year up to a point that I'm almost surprised if company calls back, answers emails or gives you the right answer

I think the problem if any with my attitude is that I'm too easy, although I have to admit that when a line is crossed I can get very difficult, but a line must be crossed for that to happen and normally that is a line were most customers would have become angry much earlier

What I understood from the TS is that he send out his back and it was lost in customs.
If indeed it had been send out by phase one I still think it's a good thing they replaced it that fast.
They could have said we are sorting it out, sorry you have to wait.

I recently had my mamiya body in repair for 6-7 weeks in total and I was lucky I had a backup in the form of the RZ and 5DMKII because my supplier did not even want to send things by priority (too expensive). My "attitude" towards this case was simply because it was a follow up on several other problems I had with that body and to be honest I was fed up with it and the times I had to miss my body. (I think you meant that affair with your remark), but overall I'm very relaxed

feppe

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

@feppe,

By your attitude I meant that as long as European customers accept being treated like a nuisance, we'll never get proper service.

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 02:34:29 pm »

Quote from: feppe
By your attitude I meant that as long as European customers accept being treated like a nuisance, we'll never get proper service.

Oh I agree on that 100%
But to be honest I want to grow old and I've had so many situations were I really felt so stressed for many weeks that I at one point decided to just let it go and get my next "thing" somewhere else or in another country were there is good service.
And yes that's REALLY bad.
But man does it feel good

feppe

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 08:55:01 am »

Oh I agree on that 100%
But to be honest I want to grow old and I've had so many situations were I really felt so stressed for many weeks that I at one point decided to just let it go and get my next "thing" somewhere else or in another country were there is good service.
And yes that's REALLY bad.
But man does it feel good

I'm in the same boat as well - I'd much rather order from the US, wait a bit longer and even pay the import duties than deal with many European companies. The savings implied in lower blood pressure is well worth the hassle, and even the prices are usually lower than in Europe, especially at today's exchange rate.

Fortunately a friend of mine is getting married in NYC in September, so it's yet another expensive trip to B&H

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 12:20:05 pm »

I'm in the same boat as well - I'd much rather order from the US, wait a bit longer and even pay the import duties than deal with many European companies. The savings implied in lower blood pressure is well worth the hassle, and even the prices are usually lower than in Europe, especially at today's exchange rate.

Fortunately a friend of mine is getting married in NYC in September, so it's yet another expensive trip to B&H

NYC is still on my to visit list and B&H is one of the reasons

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »

NYC is still on my to visit list and B&H is one of the reasons

South Beach isn't a bad place to visit either :-).

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:00:53 pm by dougpetersonci »

feppe

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02:47 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
South Beach isn't a bad place to visit either :-).

Doug Peterson

I wish  But I don't think I could find a good home for my Harley to finance the MFDB

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

I wish  But I don't think I could find a good home for my Harley to finance the MFDB

Don't forget that we have an office in Atlanta too!!

Chris Lawery

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:09 pm »

I thought I visited you when I was in Miami ?

Correct ?

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:23 am »

Maybe this will fall the wrong way but don't take it like that.

As I see in the first post the back was lost in transport at customs, NOT when with phase one.
To be honest I find it great service they get you a new back.
I've lost something during transport a while ago and could wait until it was recovered, which took nearly 2 months.

Than again, this is a much more expensive item of course.
But they could also have said, please inform your insurance company.

So although the back is not as pristine as what you had I think it's already great service they replaced it for you and not let you wait.
When there's such a good service I think they will also respond to your question on the scratch.
Especially now the rest seems to work great.

He also stated that he returned his back to the dealer and not tried to send it directly to Denmark. If his dealer loses his equipment and replaces it by something that's inferior I would be very very p___d. So your comment on their service is very unfair to Medvid.

Kind Regards,

Patrik
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 04:20:41 am »

@feppe,

I'm a really relaxed customer, I know about the POOR POOR customer support from the European companies, especially in the Netherlands it's been getting worse by the year up to a point that I'm almost surprised if company calls back, answers emails or gives you the right answer

Here I do agree with you 100%. If you need help you have to wait. Maybe Doug and Clawery are one in a kind dealers but they are in USA.

For instance it's easier and much much faster for me to mail order specialty items directly from China than from the local dealer. Local dealer is at sleep and the Chinese guy is busy at caring for his customers. Some may wonder now that what if something goes wrong... Well let me put it this way I'll be lone standing with my issues anyway.

Kind Regards,

Patrik
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

DesW

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 10:26:43 am »

Quote from: PatrikR
Here I do agree with you 100%. If you need help you have to wait. Maybe Doug and Clawery are one in a kind dealers but they are in USA.

For instance it's easier and much much faster for me to mail order specialty items directly from China than from the local dealer. Local dealer is at sleep and the Chinese guy is busy at caring for his customers. Some may wonder now that what if something goes wrong... Well let me put it this way I'll be lone standing with my issues anyway.

Kind Regards,

Patrik
Deleted

DesW
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:46:27 pm by DesW »

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 11:29:32 am »

SHORT UPDATE:

Justice urges me to post here that PO has sent me a second replacement for my lost (?) P30 digital back.
It's an adequate replacement in terms of wear-out, looks, etc.
And it is P30+  

So after these uncertain months I have a free upgrade.
I appreciate it from PO.
Case closed.
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up