Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS CS4 and Epson 2400 printing  (Read 1833 times)

JeanMichel

PS CS4 and Epson 2400 printing
« on: August 01, 2009, 03:20:43 pm »

Hi,
It is a first question, it is similar, but different, to another one on the forum.
Since upgrading to CS4, from CS3, printing images (after doing soft-proofing, setting the correct parameters in the print dialog and printer dialog etc.) results in a dark, oversaturated print. Flattening the file (PSD), saving it, re-opening it, and sending to print results in a properly printed image.
I am using the same profiles, from Epson, as with the CS3
Using: MacPro, PS CS4, ProPhoto RGB space, Epson 2400,

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

daws

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:35:28 am »

I don't know if this is a related issue, but after changing paper profiles I have to relaunch CS4 before printing to my 2400, otherwise the print will have a slightly greenish cast (I print B&W exclusively). Same issue regardless of which paper profile I load. No such problem with CS3.

The only time I had a major darkness problem, it turned out I'd forgotten to swap the Photo Black & Matte Black cartridges. (D'oh!)

CS4 11.0.1, Windows XP Pro.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:11 am »

What happens if you flatten the image and print it (without saving and re-opening)?
Eric Chan

oldshadow

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:18:01 pm »

I have the same problem as the OP using CS4 with WinXP printing to an R1900 and epson profiles. Flattening and saving then reopen for printing works for me also.

oldshadow

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »

Flatten and print does not work, same dark prints. I have re-installed the print driver and also tried using the epson driver to manage printing instead of "let photoshop manage colour". Same dark prints. Flatten save and re-open to print does work.

JeanMichel

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 07:17:24 pm »

Quote from: oldshadow
Flatten and print does not work, same dark prints. I have re-installed the print driver and also tried using the epson driver to manage printing instead of "let photoshop manage colour". Same dark prints. Flatten save and re-open to print does work.
Thank you for al your replies.
Sounds like I am not the only one with the same issue.
Flattening and printing without saving first does not work; I must save as, close, re-open and then print.
I wonder if trashing the Epson printer and re-installing it may solve the problem; or if that makes any sense.

oldshadow

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 08:33:05 pm »

This may be an Adobe issue considering you are on a Mac and I'm on a PC, I have trashed my Epson driver and re-installed but to no effect. CS4 is more demanding of the hardware and my PC is not that current. Any thoughts???

daws

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »

I've tried printing flattened files, layered files, 8 bit, 16 bit, makes no difference -- it's the relaunch after loading a new profile that seems to be key. This is only a guess, but it's almost as if CS4 isn't "seeing" the new profile until it is relaunched.

Then again, I'm one of those who had zero problems with CS3, but major problems with CS4 -- it was completely unusable until Adobe brought out 11.0.1. Now it works great except for two issues: the relaunch-for-new-paper-profile is one; the other is CS4 hangs if I'm in softproof mode and zoom in closer than 75% (which also never happened in CS3), requiring a "3-finger salute" shutdown of the app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up