Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: panning stills; the ken burns effect  (Read 3492 times)

Chris L

panning stills; the ken burns effect
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:02:33 pm »

I am interested in creating 'moving, panning still photos ' for web content. I have very wide panoramic photos that I want to import into iMovie to create the final files. I would like the files to be no bigger than 3mb if possible, but I want to show these fullscreen and have a duration of up to 5-10 seconds. can someone explain how to do this? Everytime I try it renders the photo too small and bad quality, yet the file size is huge. I called Applecare but they were of no help. I am also interested in what file format to save as. I want to email these to people that are typically on Macs but a few are on PC 's as well.

If someone can walk me thru this it would be great. Also, I tried FotoMagico software but I would prefer not to buy anymore software at this point, iMovie should be sufficient, correct?

rogan

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:10:43 am »

Quote from: christo
I am interested in creating 'moving, panning still photos ' for web content. I have very wide panoramic photos that I want to import into iMovie to create the final files. I would like the files to be no bigger than 3mb if possible, but I want to show these fullscreen and have a duration of up to 5-10 seconds. can someone explain how to do this? Everytime I try it renders the photo too small and bad quality, yet the file size is huge. I called Applecare but they were of no help. I am also interested in what file format to save as. I want to email these to people that are typically on Macs but a few are on PC 's as well.

If someone can walk me thru this it would be great. Also, I tried FotoMagico software but I would prefer not to buy anymore software at this point, iMovie should be sufficient, correct?

imovie kills the quality of stills. This is the only program I have found that does what you need. I haven't used it in a couple of years but the quality was amazing

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 12:07:41 pm »

As a simple, do-one-thing-really-well, Photo to Movie[/i] from LQ Graphics can't be beat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up