Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cameras and air travel  (Read 10481 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Cameras and air travel
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 04:35:26 am »

Quote from: JeffKohn
For domestic US flights I've not found there to be any enforced weight limits for carry-on. I load my backpack pretty heavy, and as long as it fits in the overhead it's fine. There have been a couple times I had to gate-check on smaller planes, but since Houston is a hub city for Continental I'm usually on direct flights and decent-sized planes.
Many European airlines (EasyJet, for example) expressly say that they don't enforce any weight limit on cabin bags. They can be quite fanatical about enforcing their size requirements, though, and those requirements vary a little from airline to airline.

Jeremy

Deepsouth

Cameras and air travel
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 10:15:39 am »

A bit late but still pertinant...I live in an area served almost entirely by commuter airlines using CRJs etc. The airlines encourage people to tag their carry-on bag for drop off and reclaim at the jetbridge/tarmac upon landing. I never do that, since my carry on gym bag fits even into the overhead of a CRJ. It holds my 13 inch MacBook, my prosumer camera, my essential meds and reading matter.  Then there is a delay reclaiming when connections may be tight, and, most importantly, there has a been a rash of tagged bag theft in the southern US.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up