Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon eyepiece options for 400D  (Read 2325 times)

cmi

Canon eyepiece options for 400D
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:08:54 am »

I lost the rubber eyepiece on my 400D. Before just buying a replacement I wondered what options I got. I wear glasses, but they are small enough that the original eyepiece worked, I could see everything in the viewfinder. What disturbed me was the image being a bit too small, and that that the diopter correction is not enough for me. With this in mind, I became aware of two other options,

1. Canon Eyepiece Extender EP-EX15: Seems to be not useful for me, as it shrinks the VF image, and I dont need the extra space anyway. What WAS intriguing however, I saw a mention that you can actually turn the lens in it, making it magnify the VF image. Is this true?

2. Some 3rd party light blocking Eyepiece. Is the benefit there? My glasses are quite small so I guess this should work.

Any other ideas/options? I just want to be able to better compose with this small VF.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:10:05 am by Christian Miersch »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:12 pm »

I put a Nikon DK-21M on a 400D.   Makes it harder to see everything in the viewfinder but does enlarge the image nicely.

cmi

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:56:44 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
I put a Nikon DK-21M on a 400D.   Makes it harder to see everything in the viewfinder but does enlarge the image nicely.

Thanks! I researched a bit about it and think I will in fact do the same.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:02:02 pm »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Thanks! I researched a bit about it and think I will in fact do the same.

The olympus one will also work but it requires some cutting.

cmi

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 03:56:30 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
The olympus one will also work but it requires some cutting.

I also found the Pentax O-ME53 and Seculine U-13C, the latter a bit more expensive but with a magnification of 1.3x. Since Im not sure how this would go with my glasses I think I will go the safe route and take the nikon one, unless I can find more reliable reports from glass wearers with it.

Christian
Pages: [1]   Go Up