Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Things  (Read 2384 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Two Things
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:13:42 am »

Hi Folks:

These are both only tangentially related to photography, but I thought they might be of interest.

1) "July 16, 2009 (ENS) - Because the Bush administration failed to follow established administrative procedure before leaving office, its plan to intensify logging in western Oregon, known as the Western Oregon Plan Revisions, is legally indefensible and must be withdrawn, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar said today. "

Might be a few big trees left in the state after all.

2) A friend sent me an e-mail today about Mfuwe Lodge in Zambia.  Apparently they built the lodge in the migration path for a herd of elephants so now the elephants simply walk through the lobby...

Mike

If your mind is attuned t

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Two Things
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:36:13 am »

Good stuff Mike, thanks for sharing!  

Cheers,
Bernard

francois

Two Things
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:42:46 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Hi Folks:

These are both only tangentially related to photography, but I thought they might be of interest.

1) "July 16, 2009 (ENS) - Because the Bush administration failed to follow established administrative procedure before leaving office, its plan to intensify logging in western Oregon, known as the Western Oregon Plan Revisions, is legally indefensible and must be withdrawn, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar said today. "

Might be a few big trees left in the state after all.

That's sweet to read but I hope that it's not too late. I might visit Oregon sometimes in the future.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=wolfnowl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (wolfnowl)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]2) A friend sent me an e-mail today about Mfuwe Lodge in Zambia.  Apparently they built the lodge in the migration path for a herd of elephants so now the elephants simply walk through the lobby...

Mike[/quote]

Sounds good for lazy photographers, no need to spend hours in dusty 4x4s!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:43:05 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up