Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Chris, I fixed it!  (Read 4594 times)

Bill in WV

Hey Chris, I fixed it!
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:47:21 pm »

After harassing you and more than a few others about my download troubles from previous tutorials, I finally fixed it.

My provider said I had perfect signal to my cable modem, the problem had to be in my router so I tried to download the "Where are my . . . " tutorial directly from the modem and that worked. Just incredibly inconvenient because both modem and router are on a small shelf in the basement with the water heater and furnace, but it worked. So for the moment the problem was solved. Now, a new tutorial and I had to start all over again.

With the encouragement of a close friend and a couple hints, I realized the firmware in my router was original and about eight years old! A review of all the upgrade notes over the years listed a specific Canadian problem they dealt with in October of 2000. They called it "Canada connections Sympatico." I don't know what it was and no longer care. I fixed it and am downloading the latest Michael and Jeff show as I write this.

Keep up the great work and accept my apologies for all the questions in the past.

Bill in WV
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:21:04 am by ChrisSand »
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Hey Chris, I fixed it!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:22:12 am »

Good news Bill - BTW my edit above was to remove the typo  

Chris

Bill in WV

Hey Chris, I fixed it!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:38:26 am »

Quote from: ChrisSand
Good news Bill - BTW my edit above was to remove the typo  

Chris

Thanks, I tried but couldn't figure out how to edit that line.

Once again, I really enjoy these tutorials and everything your team does.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon
Pages: [1]   Go Up