Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone vouch for Aden Camera in Toronto?  (Read 3901 times)

Pelao

Can anyone vouch for Aden Camera in Toronto?
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:45:34 am »

Hi

I usually purchase from Vistek. However, Aden Camera is offering the Canon 24-105 for $200 less, which for me is a serious chunk of change.

I was heading out to get the lens from Vistek this weekend, but this price has me thinking again. So if you have purchased from Aden I would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

michael

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:26 pm »

They are a reputable dealer. I've purchased from them several times.

Michael

Pelao

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:39:33 pm »

Quote from: michael
They are a reputable dealer. I've purchased from them several times.

Michael

Thanks Michael - I appreciate it.

Stephen

CJL

• http://www.imageswest.ca
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

I've purchased from them via the internet, and the service was very good.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

lensfactory

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:03:18 pm »

Vistek and Henry's always make you feel they are doing you a favour when you spend your money at their stores. Aden consistently offers much better prices than any other. I bought my G10 there after I went to Henry's to buy one , they were out of stock...I could have found that out but for the fact you can never get through to a bloody salesperson on the phone with Henry's ( a stupid business practice on their part).
I don't remember her name, but the asian lady at Aden's has been quite nice and helpful a number of times.

Pelao

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 07:07:31 pm »

In the end I could not make it to Aden, so I visited Henrys in Mississauga, a branch I had not been to before. I am not much of a Henrys fan, but occasionally prices are good. Anyway, they price matched.

Interestingly, the Henry's salesperson of course pushed me on the 4 year extended warranty. What was more interesting was that she said, roughly “ the IS on this lens is at the front, and if you happen to hit it, even lightly, the IS may stop working, so the extended warranty is essential for this lens”.

Hmmm. Pretty fragile for an 'L'.

spiritflare

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:14 pm »

Just remember with Aden, there is a final buy policy, no returns, and limited exchange.     At least with Vistek, Henry's and FS/best buy, regardless of their practices and personal taste, you have 2 weeks to think about it and can return it no questions asked on most stuff.

Quote from: Pelao
Hi

I usually purchase from Vistek. However, Aden Camera is offering the Canon 24-105 for $200 less, which for me is a serious chunk of change.

I was heading out to get the lens from Vistek this weekend, but this price has me thinking again. So if you have purchased from Aden I would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 04:31:12 pm »

I have usually purchased from Henry's in the past, both by phone, and via eBay.

A couple of days ago, I ordered two Canon lenses from http://adencamera.com.  I had called Henry's first, but the Toronto office was closed at 5pm PST, so I contacted the Manitoba office instead. Neither lens was in stock. While discussing the possible purchase on the phone with them, I ran across a link to Aden online. They had stock, and a much cheaper price and lower shipping costs.

I placed my order immediately online. At 7am the next day I received email confirmation that my order had been shipped from their warehouse.

I can't describe a better shopping experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up