Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2880 and missing paper type  (Read 1460 times)

John S C

Epson 2880 and missing paper type
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:55:26 am »

I have an Epson 2880 running under Mac OSX 10.5.7.

When I print from Lightroom (and Photoshop) I find that I canot find a matte paper option in the paper options list, when printing using Colour Management. However when I switch to " Printer Manages Colour"  it's there!

I have the latest Epson drivers installed so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why I can't select it.

Loading the latest driver gave me one additional paper type that I could select from  print  setting which is Epson Premium Lustre, but no Matte.

The question is does selecting the paper type make any significant difference, and any ideas why I can't find the Matte option

Epson state that's its Adobe's problem not theirs as it works OK when the printer controls colour.

Thanks

John C

howardm

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:47:07 am »

often, in the Page Setup dialog, you can (or must) choose the input feed method.  The selected method
can/will dictate what papers you can print to (and select).  You might want to check that out.

KeithR

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:14 am »

What Black ink do you installed in the printer? If you do not have matte black ink installed, you will not see matte paper choices.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

John S C

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:18:13 am »

Quote from: KeithR
What Black ink do you installed in the printer? If you do not have matte black ink installed, you will not see matte paper choices.

I have Photo black not Matte black installed, so that may be the answer.

I wonder why I can see Epson Matte when I use " Printer Manages Colour ? Anyway its no big deal as I can use Premium lustre and that seems to work OK
Pages: [1]   Go Up