Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RZ67 Digital Back Adapter Plate Question  (Read 15188 times)

Frank Doorhof

• http://
RZ67 Digital Back Adapter Plate Question
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 05:40:08 am »

Quote from: Voltman
Phil - as a note I was told the T/S adapter will not work on the Pro II because the adapter covers up the IO port where the cable would attach - apparently only works with Pro IID.  If it does work I'll be kicking my self in the a$$ as it was one of the reasons I went with the Pro IID ....
Sorry but start kicking my friend

I'm using it on the ProII with an Aptus back.
The main thing some people don't seem to know is that you only need the cable to the lens.
The other cable is only used for the control from the computer.
So in reality to use the camera normally you only need the small cable from the back to the lens.

Sorry.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 06:05:12 am »

Phil - as a note I was told the T/S adapter will not work on the Pro II because the adapter covers up the IO port where the cable would attach - apparently only works with Pro IID.  If it does work I'll be kicking my self in the a$$ as it was one of the reasons I went with the Pro IID ....

Hate to tell ya Voltman...it does work, by a wire adapter that shoots the wire downward instead of straight out.

You can pick it up from $20 to 40 roughly. The TS adapter is about $600- 900 roughly/depending used, new etc.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 06:06:23 am »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof

I'm using it on the ProII with an Aptus back.
The main thing some people don't seem to know is that you only need the cable to the lens.
The other cable is only used for the control from the computer.
So in reality to use the camera normally you only need the small cable from the back to the lens.

Sorry.

Even on the Phase V adapter?

Will test first thing

Voltman

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 06:23:15 am »

Quote from: Phil Indeblanc
Hate to tell ya Voltman...it does work, by a wire adapter that shoots the wire downward instead of straight out.
Quote from: Frank Doorhof

Thanks guys for the post mortem on my purchasing decisions     Oh well I did get a Pro II body anyway as it came with the 110mm lens at a song of a price - guess all I'll need is a cable or is it a different adapter plate? Meanwhile the Pro IID body cost me a bit to get into so may as well stay with it ...

Oddly enough I found the bookmark on the Phase site which gave me that impression - http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main  - on this and other points I'm finding their technical bulletins not exactly true in some cases such as this one concerning compatibility...

Phil I did get the TS adapter .... also have the manual if you need it in .pdf ...

All I need now is my P1 back which should arrive in about a week!!

AlDoori

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 06:42:42 am »

i am using the t/s adpter with RZ and RZproII with aptus 22.

the 2nd cable from the back to the camera port is only needed to trigger the RZ from the mac.
the t/s adapter comes with a small adapter for the trigger cable, so it works with both cameras.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 06:52:29 am »

Thanks guys for the post mortem on my purchasing decisions     Oh well I did get a Pro II body anyway as it came with the 110mm lens at a song of a price - guess all I'll need is a cable or is it a different adapter plate? Meanwhile the Pro IID body cost me a bit to get into so may as well stay with it ...

Oddly enough I found the bookmark on the Phase site which gave me that impression - http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main  - on this and other points I'm finding their technical bulletins not exactly true in some cases such as this one concerning compatibility...

Phil I did get the TS adapter .... also have the manual if you need it in .pdf ...

Yes initial I read the same thing.  I was a bit relentless as I had already got the TS as I used film. So when I was a bit determined to make it work, I spoke to a Mamiya person and they pointed me in the right direction.  I have the TS manual, and the focus screen for the back to see on the screen. I don't used it.  Thanx to offer, as it can help one when they are not familiar with using TS.

It is always nice to have a backup body when in need.  I have the 2x plunger for mirror and shutter....One day I was a bit eager on a shoot, and had the shutter in lock position, and without thinking as I tried to shoot, I thought I was not pushing hard, or something was odd, so I squezed harder and messed up the shutter button, and ruined the plunger thread as the force shot the pluger out.  Crazy, but the metal used to make the thread on the plunger is very weak...perhaps for a reason...maybe not further damaging my camera body?  Forgot to mention it also popped the "plug" for the shutter on the lens.

Thank goodness I have a spare body.  I wonder if there is a reasonable repair place for this?  If there is I would take it since it is sitting in a drawer.  I would fix it. Otherwise I might as well just get new ones.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:10:32 am by Phil Indeblanc »

Voltman

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 07:41:17 am »

Yes initial I read the same thing.  I was a bit relentless as I had already got the TS as I used film. So when I was a bit determined to make it work, I spoke to a Mamiya person and they pointed me in the right direction.  I have the TS manual, and the focus screen for the back to see on the screen. I don't used it.  Thanx to offer, as it can help one when they are not familiar with using TS.

It is always nice to have a backup body when in need.  I have the 2x plunger for mirror and shutter....One day I was a bit eager on a shoot, and had the shutter in lock position, and without thinking as I tried to shoot, I thought I was not pushing hard, or something was odd, so I squezed harder and messed up the shutter button, and ruined the plunger thread as the force shot the pluger out.  Crazy, but the metal used to make the thread on the plunger is very weak...perhaps for a reason...maybe not further damaging my camera body?  Forgot to mention it also popped the "plug" for the shutter on the lens.

Thank goodness I have a spare body.  I wonder if there is a reasonable repair place for this?  If there is I would take it since it is sitting in a drawer.  I would fix it. Otherwise I might as well just get new ones.
Phil where are you located?  If its the US I understand they have fairly good service there. I'm in Tokyo most of the time so I'm using the service center here - I'm having several lenses cleaned and shutters checked now so I'll find out how responsive they are in a few weeks.

I would say just buy another body but after just checking prices at KEH it seems the RZ kit has seen a price jump in the U.S., as a comparison I see Pro II bodies in Tokyo for about 30,000 JPY which is about $325 (very good condition) and on KEH listed LN at $665.  In my home in the US (Honolulu) though you can't even find a decent DSLR dealer let alone MF dealer - used or new  

RobertJ

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 08:56:55 pm »

KEH ratings are very conservative, IMO.  A "LN" rating at KEH really means it's flawless and brand spanking new, so that 600 dollar price is getting you a pristine body.  The "EX" rating at KEH is like a typical "Mint" rating on eBay by those naughty questionable sellers.  

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 01:33:20 am »

Phil where are you located?  If its the US I understand they have fairly good service there. I'm in Tokyo most of the time so I'm using the service center here - I'm having several lenses cleaned and shutters checked now so I'll find out how responsive they are in a few weeks.

I would say just buy another body but after just checking prices at KEH it seems the RZ kit has seen a price jump in the U.S., as a comparison I see Pro II bodies in Tokyo for about 30,000 JPY which is about $325 (very good condition) and on KEH listed LN at $665.  In my home in the US (Honolulu) though you can't even find a decent DSLR dealer let alone MF dealer - used or new  

I dont use the RZ enough to get a backup for it, so unless its in the low hundereds for the repair, it will be sitting :-)

If there are any special contact repair #s for Mamiya that can help, please list :-)

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 09:37:17 am »

I dont use the RZ enough to get a backup for it, so unless its in the low hundereds for the repair, it will be sitting :-)

If there are any special contact repair #s for Mamiya that can help, please list :-)

I think this is the connector that you are speaking of.  It comes out of RZ body at 90 degrees and allows you to attach your cables to your plate adapter.
It's a must have if you are using the TS adapter.   It is a #212-521 rep. cable release cord and is $77.95.

[attachment=15856:Picture_6.png]

[font="Arial"]Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up[/fon

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:30 am »

Quote from: clawery
It's a must have if you are using the TS adapter.   It is a #212-521 rep. cable release cord and is $77.95.

[attachment=15856:Picture_6.png]

[font="Arial"]Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up[/fon

Thats the one Chris!

Gregory King

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 05:49:19 pm »

Confused...what's the advantage to the electronic shutter release?  Doesn't it eliminate the benefit of MLU, which is why we use the dual cable releases in the first place?  (Or worse...the triple cable if you need the wake-up trigger).

I somehow got ahold of some sundry adapters for mine...one that triggers the electronic release from a mechanical cable, and another that I think triggers it from a PC sync input....or vice versa?

Didn't make any sense to me, vs. the MLU approach.  What am I missing?

My back also needs the "wake-up call", but I finagled that by using a cellphone earbud.  I hit the "answer" button, and voila...it wakes up.  

Greg

dwdmguy

• http://
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »

Voitman. I have been going crazy looking for the pdf for the Mamiya T/S adapter.
Could you please email to me at tom AT thephotofather DOT com
I would be very greatful.
Thank you tons.
Tom

AlDoori

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 05:41:28 am »

Quote from: Gregory King
Confused...what's the advantage to the electronic shutter release?  Doesn't it eliminate the benefit of MLU, which is why we use the dual cable releases in the first place?
with a leaf back, the only advantage of the electronic cable from camera to back is that you can trigger the RZ from your tethered mac with LC11 via fire wire.
it might be helpful in live view mode, but you have to control focus, shutter, aperture by hand anyway.
mirror lock up does not work from the computer, nor with any electronic release (IR trigger etc)

like in film days, you need a mechanical cable attached to the lens for that.
so the electronic release is no substitute for the RZ dual cable release, as you indeed loose the mirror prerelease.

the electronic cable can be used with any lens.
to use it with the t/s adapter, you need the right angle connector, that comes in the box, together with the t/s adapter.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up