Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera for High School Volleyball  (Read 3124 times)

Gman2

Camera for High School Volleyball
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:04:21 pm »

I was wondering about opinions on getting a video camera or combo cam (GH-1) for High School Volleyball? I shoot with Canon Pro DSLR's, volleyball is an awful environment for available light and the sport is very fast. Typically end up shooting wide open at ISO 6400 or 3200 to get enough shutter speed (3200 is used for fast lenes with a 2.0 aperture or better). I want to get high quality footage for submitting to colleges, so we can enhance my daughters chances for a scholarship.

wittsend2

Camera for High School Volleyball
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:27:49 am »

As a former coach I would tell you that it might be cheaper to hire someone to make a video of your daughter as opposed to buying a new camera and then dealing with the lighting problems inside the gym (although I do enjoy getting new cameras!). I know there are several businesses who do that in my town. That being said I would ask if your daughter plays on a club team that travels to big tournaments (JO's, Reno festival) where, if she has a high skill level, she will absolutely be seen by college coaches. I apologize if you already know this, but that is the environment where players are "found". Also, there are several high profile high school volleyball tournaments that get a fair number of coaches attending. Good luck to you and your daughter and enjoy the upcoming season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up