Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 1DII: Personal Functions Help  (Read 1126 times)

walter.sk

Canon 1DII: Personal Functions Help
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:02:19 pm »

I've recently begun shooting HDR with the old 1DII.  I programmed Personal function 08 to give me 5- picture bracketing.  When I want to switch to the default 3- picture bracketing I can go into PFn 8 and turn it off in the untethered camera, and I can turn it back on using the same technique.

What I would like to do is use a 7-ppicutre bracket on extremely high contrast scenes, but still be able to switch from 3- to 5- to 7-picture brackets by applying and registering  the Personal functions through PFn 00.  I read the camera manual as well as the software manual.  My understanding is that the process would be:  1)  Set up PFn 08 to give me 3-picture bracketing, then use PFn 00 and "register" it, say, with PFn 00-1.  2) Set up PFn 08 for 5-picture bracketing, and register PFn 00 on PFn 00-2.  3) Repeat the process with 7-picture bracketing and register it on PFn 00-3.  

Supposedly, that should give me the ability in the field to "apply" PFn00-1, 2 or 3 and be able to choose among the three.  However, all I can get is whatever the last CFn 08 was programmed with.

Any 1DiII mavens out there who can help?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:03:46 pm by walter.sk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up