Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prior to reformatting my HD  (Read 1744 times)

D. King

Prior to reformatting my HD
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:12:46 am »

Got to do a clean format/install today.  I've got all of C drive backed up on an external.  Should I uninstall Lightroom prior to the format?  Also Photoshop? (Edit: never mind about PS.  I deactivated it.)

Then, once LR is re installed, do I simply copy the Lightroom catalog l files over or do I import them?  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:37:31 pm by D. King »

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:14 pm »

Quote from: D. King
Got to do a clean format/install today.  I've got all of C drive backed up on an external.  Should I uninstall Lightroom prior to the format?  Also Photoshop? (Edit: never mind about PS.  I deactivated it.)

Then, once LR is re installed, do I simply copy the Lightroom catalog l files over or do I import them?  

Thanks.
You should be able to re-use the old catalog without re-importing anything.

jpegman

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:38:09 pm »

No problem - put the catalog whereever you want it from your backup, and then after reinstalling LR, point to the catalog location, and everything should be the same as before the clean reinstall.  BTW, moving the catalog off your OS drive (c:\) will make your backup images of the OS drive that much smaller if you have a sizable catalog. It will make your routine backups that much faster.

Jpegman

D. King

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:08:15 am »

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up