Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! Problem with Nikon 9000 and Silverfast scanning B&W Negs  (Read 1762 times)

hassiman

I tried my first B&W scan with the 9000 and although the preview looked great the final scans  ( Silverfast was set to scan with 16-Bit Grayscale ) were horrible.  Banding and ghosting...  I thought that the scanner was broken until I repeated the scan with silverfast set to 48-Bit color... and then it looked just fine.  I was using Nikon's 120 Glass carrier The negative strip was not masked.

Has anyone seen this before?

Any ideas
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:29:52 pm by hassiman »

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
HELP! Problem with Nikon 9000 and Silverfast scanning B&W Negs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:40:57 pm »

Quote from: hassiman
I tried my first B&W scan with the 9000 and although the preview looked great the final scans  ( Silverfast was set to scan with 16-Bit Grayscale ) were horrible.  Banding and ghosting...  I thought that the scanner was broken until I repeated the scan with silverfast set to 48-Bit color... and then it looked just fine.  I was using Nikon's 120 Glass carrier The negative strip was not masked.

Has anyone seen this before?

Any ideas

I had similar issue with NikonScan, and sent it to the service for repair. After cleaning everything works fine.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

hassiman

HELP! Problem with Nikon 9000 and Silverfast scanning B&W Negs
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:42:01 pm »

Quote from: Czornyj
I had similar issue with NikonScan, and sent it to the service for repair. After cleaning everything works fine.

I was hoping you might share where did you sent it for repair and how much they charged?

Did you find that the scans worked well when scanning color transparancies but yeilded these type images only when scanning B&W?

I have just been told that I had the Silverfast software set so the 9000 was trying to scan at 6000DPI which is way beyond its stated resolution of 4000 DPI and the scanner was unable to interpolate at that level hence the banding and ghosting..  I HOPE they are correct.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:00:52 pm by hassiman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up