Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Port?  (Read 3010 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Display Port?
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:42:55 pm »

Hi,

I have put an order on an Eizo CG242WK monitor, I based this choice on:

1) Generally favorable reviews
2) A friend having such a monitor
3) It seems to have full support for the X-rite ColorMunki Photo I use for calibration

The issue I have with the monitor is that it seems to have one DVI and one Display Port. I need to connect it to both my iMac (24 ", 2007 model) and my PC which I use with Windoze and Linux. Neither of these have display port, so I end up with a single DVI input connected to my iMac and no way to connect my PC at the same time. As far as i could see there are very little in way of DVI - to- Display Port converters, so i cannot use Display Port right now. I may upgrade my iMac to a Mac Pro next year, and I also have a humble MacBook (13", unibody) which I can use in an emergency.

The other option I may have would be a Nec Spectra View 2490, which doesn't have Display Port. I'm not really sure about how it works with the ColorMunki. Regarding price they are essentially the same.

Any comment or suggestion is much appreciated.

Best regards
Erik Kaffehr
Erik Kaffehr

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Display Port?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:08 pm »

If Monoprice doesn't have them, it doesn't exist - maybe one of these is what you're after?

AceTechman

Display Port?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:21 am »

Hi, I'm currently interning for an online cable company (StarTech.com) and the cable you are describing seems to be this one DisplayPort to DVI Adapter.

However, if I'm interpreting your question correctly you're trying to use 2 computers on one monitor? If that is the case I'm wondering why you are not interested in using a KVM switch such as our USB DVI KVM Switch, which allows you to control 2 USB-enabled multimedia computers with DVI video interfaces, using only one USB keyboard, mouse, monitor and a set of speakers and microphone.

Check them out, and if you do have any interest in purchasing a product I would recommend you order them through one of our retailers (listed under price box on each page). Often times their prices are quite cheaper than the prices listed on those links, and include free shipping. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:57:53 am by AceTechman »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Display Port?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:04:52 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for input. I need to connect two computers to a screen having one DVI and one Display port. Both computers an Imac and Linux PC have DVI but neither has Display Port.

I bought another screen in the end.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: AceTechman
Hi, I'm currently interning for an online cable company (StarTech.com) and the cable you are describing seems to be this one DisplayPort to DVI Adapter.

However, if I'm interpreting your question correctly you're trying to use 2 computers on one monitor? If that is the case I'm wondering why you are not interested in using a KVM switch such as our USB DVI KVM Switch, which allows you to control 2 USB-enabled multimedia computers with DVI video interfaces, using only one USB keyboard, mouse, monitor and a set of speakers and microphone.

Check them out, and if you do have any interest in purchasing a product I would recommend you order them through one of our retailers (listed under price box on each page). Often times their prices are quite cheaper than the prices listed on those links, and include free shipping. Hope that helps.
Erik Kaffehr

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Display Port?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 01:09:28 pm »

Feppe,

Thanks for suggestion! Unfortunately I missed it. Finally I bought another monitor which has dual DVI but is not as sophisticated as the CG242W. The one I have now is the Flex Scan SX2461W.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: feppe
If Monoprice doesn't have them, it doesn't exist - maybe one of these is what you're after?
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up