Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw fine tuning  (Read 5068 times)

Clearair

Raw fine tuning
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:16:56 am »

I'm struggling with this. I want the option of flat, no adjustments from camera import in Aperture. All raw Canon imports from in this case a 5Dmk2 will show boost, sharpening etc in the raw fine tuning presets. I can make a custom preset and zero all of these but it will not apply to the whole project. I keep having to select it per image.
I can only deselect so much at the camera end, like noise sharpening.
I must be missing something, someone point me in the right direction please.

Camera settings or Aperture?

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Raw fine tuning
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »

Quote from: Clearair
I'm struggling with this. I want the option of flat, no adjustments from camera import in Aperture. All raw Canon imports from in this case a 5Dmk2 will show boost, sharpening etc in the raw fine tuning presets. I can make a custom preset and zero all of these but it will not apply to the whole project. I keep having to select it per image.
I can only deselect so much at the camera end, like noise sharpening.
I must be missing something, someone point me in the right direction please.

Camera settings or Aperture?

Aperture doesn't use camera settings; they are Canon proprietary.

If you want to crank down the boost and make your RAW files as flat as possible on import (not sure why you'd really want to do this...) you can do it in one photo and then lift/stamp the RAW fine tuning presets to all the rest of the photos in the project.

Clearair

Raw fine tuning
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:29:27 am »

Quote from: CatOne
Aperture doesn't use camera settings; they are Canon proprietary.

If you want to crank down the boost and make your RAW files as flat as possible on import (not sure why you'd really want to do this...) you can do it in one photo and then lift/stamp the RAW fine tuning presets to all the rest of the photos in the project.

Thanks for the info

So I can't nobble this at import in Aperture, as I thought. Looks like I can't do anything at the camera menu end either. I have asked in the camera & lenses forum with no reply.

It would have been one less step in the work flow for those projects where I wish to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up