Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to buy Rollei electronic shutter - Size 0  (Read 3691 times)

sarahcharles

I want to buy Rollei electronic shutter - Size 0
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:56:55 am »

Nobody want to sell his used one ? Or where i can buy a brand new ?

Many Thanks.

ctz

E_Edwards

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:05:32 am »

You probably already know that you will also need to have the Lens Control S to operate the shutter.

I would also advise you to buy the adaptor to allow you to use the Lens Control S  plugged to the mains, as the rechargeable batteries are very old technology and don't last long.

The adaptor looks like a dummy battery with a cable coming out of it to a 6 Volt DC adaptor, all supplied together.

You are always advised to buy the shutter together with a lens, as they then come calibrated by Rollei (sometimes they place very thin sims in the lens threads) to offer the best optical alignment. But I've bought them separately too and I haven't really noticed any difference.

I've bought some of mine from Robert White in the UK. I've also bought quite a few from my very favourite and most professional supplier in the UK: www.linhofstudio.com

Rollei tends to be one of these firms slow in supplying and repairing, so sometimes there is some waiting to get some, but you may be lucky.

The shutters themselves work reliably well in my experience, I've had mine since the very outcome of digital photography and they are still working well every single day.

The Control S, however, is a relic of bad design that should've been completely updated 10 years ago. But it does the job.

Edward
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:12:04 am by E_Edwards »

Brent Daniels

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 06:18:23 pm »

There has been lots of talk on here about F&H (Rollei) and the Leaf / Sinar camera. However has anyone heard anything or have knowledge of what may happen with the Rollei electronic shutter system which is made  by F&H ?

I would really hate to go to the Schneider system with it's max speed of 1/60th sec.

Would anyone have any info on where I could get service, repairs, or replacement parts (battery - both DC and recharge) ?

Cheers

Brent Daniels

studiomagenta

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:11:12 am »

I have a Rollei electronic shutter for sale, though it is fitted to a Schneider Digitar 80mm macro lens and would prefer to sell them together. I also have a Lens Control 'S', charger and 2 batteries available. Please contact me offline at dennis@studiomagenta.co.th if you are still interested and I will send photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up