Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another foggy morning ...  (Read 1684 times)

Jeremy Payne

Another foggy morning ...
« on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »

Also ... enjoy a larger selection in some flickr slideshows ... a different way to slice it ... with a slightly broader set of images.
[blockquote]
Colors, Lines & Shapes

Town

Country

Underwater[/blockquote]

button

• http://
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:09:36 pm »

I've looked at this image several times, and I just can't make it work.  Although I think I understand the structure of this shot, the vertical lines of the trees throughout the image keep my eye wondering where to start.  Specifically, if no trees were present in the right 1/3 of the frame, a pleasing asymmetry might have resulted.

John

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:32:32 am »

This image feels very unbalanced to me.  This is due to the trees on the right.  While my eye starts on the bottom left and works its way to the right, it remains anchored there.  Because that is the only area in focus, the rest of the shot is lost.  Also, because the trees on the right are up against the edge of the photograph, there's no place for eyes to go.  While this looks like a fascinating forest, the composition just doesn't work for me.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 11:36:15 am »

Quote from: jasonrandolph
This image feels very unbalanced to me.  This is due to the trees on the right.  While my eye starts on the bottom left and works its way to the right, it remains anchored there.  Because that is the only area in focus, the rest of the shot is lost.  Also, because the trees on the right are up against the edge of the photograph, there's no place for eyes to go.  While this looks like a fascinating forest, the composition just doesn't work for me.
Yeah, I'm not loving it myself ... I ruined a whole bunch of potentially nice shots by leaving the VR set to "on" when I put it on the tripod - was walking out of the park and had been shooting handheld ...

There were some better compositions, but the VR ruined the focus by jerking the camera around.

Oh well - the park is 2 miles from my house ... I walk that path almost every weekend ...

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 01:20:09 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Yeah, I'm not loving it myself ... I ruined a whole bunch of potentially nice shots by leaving the VR set to "on" when I put it on the tripod - was walking out of the park and had been shooting handheld ...

There were some better compositions, but the VR ruined the focus by jerking the camera around.

Oh well - the park is 2 miles from my house ... I walk that path almost every weekend ...

Oh yes, the dreaded "VR on a tripod" problem.  I've done that a time or two (or ten) myself.  While I love the capabilities of VR, I wish that it had a "default to off" capability when you powered on the camera.  That would have saved quite a few shots
Pages: [1]   Go Up