Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bank Charge for tutorial  (Read 16975 times)

KeithR

Bank Charge for tutorial
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 11:28:13 am »

Quote from: Schewe
Yes, I'm a Bears, Bulls & Blackhawks fan (in that order) not so much a Cubs or White Sox fan though...The Vikings? You guys play on the roller dome, right (at least that's what Ditka called it).

Yes, coach Ditka called it the roller dome. I call it the dungeon and used to call it the humpty dump(but it's now called Mall of America field) but the name no longer fits. I wish they would get an outdoor stadium built so we(photographers) could have light again. At least then the field would be evenly lit
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

DarkPenguin

Bank Charge for tutorial
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 11:58:53 am »

Quote from: KeithR
Yes, coach Ditka called it the roller dome. I call it the dungeon and used to call it the humpty dump(but it's now called Mall of America field) but the name no longer fits. I wish they would get an outdoor stadium built so we(photographers) could have light again. At least then the field would be evenly lit

I still think they should demolish the roller dome by filling it with popcorn and heating it until it goes jiffy pop.

Gellman

• http://www.jgphoto.com
Bank Charge for tutorial
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 03:51:25 pm »

I'm all if favor of outdoor stadiums for baseball, but football in the Twin Cities, not so much. Some of my best childhood memories are going to the games with my dad at the Met and watching Fran run for his life. We froze our butts off. I'm not sure if Fran scrambled so much because the Vikes didn't have an offensive line, or just to keep warm. It was unbelievably cold. I can't comment on the lighting. I was ten in 1961. Now I live in North Carolina, and occasionally take my son to see the Panthers play. It's much warmer than Minnesota.  BTW, I think Sir Francis spends a lot of his time sending out spam to promote his various business ventures.

John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up