Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200PS & Printing 16bit images  (Read 1230 times)

kuau

HP Z3200PS & Printing 16bit images
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:04:15 pm »

I am just getting use to my new PS version of the HP Z3200 PS 24" printer and noticed in the doc that you can print 16bit tiff's to the printer but you have to use the "Job Center" Submit Job via the built in web server.
The whole process is pretty self explanitory except....
How does the printer know what Printer Profile to use? There is no where to select it on the submit job form. I called HP support and they were clueless.
I assumed using HP APS software after creating the profile you savew the profile to the printer but that does not work. I always get the error message:"The ICC profile couild not be saved into the printer because the printer is rejecting the profile."

Does anyone know what the proper 16bit workflow is?
I initially tried using HP's PS printer driver and printing from PS CS4 but I was having problems with custom page sizes. For example if I had a landscape image 20x16 and wanted to print it landscape, the only way I could do it was creating a page size of at least 20x20 or the printer would rotate the image and waste material. I never had this problem with the non PS version of the printer.

Steven

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP Z3200PS & Printing 16bit images
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:59:56 pm »

I think there is a doc on HP somewhere on 16 bit file printing, what it does, how, etc.

To simplify: you can send a file to  print via any driver and you can enable this in the PS printer via the web interface. I can imagine HP have it as an option as you wouldn't want everyone sending 16 bit files for no reason as it takes up more room and data flow.  The driver or PS interpreter will down sample to 8 bit though so there is no advantage I can think of .

The APS not saving profiles is a bug that has not been addressed, who knows why it's been that way for a long time. The APS profiles are indeed 16 bit LUT . I can save all but the profiles made with the Tc9.18 charts in APS. Color Center profiles do save to the printer no problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up