Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q's about shipping an Epson 9800 cross-country  (Read 1825 times)

rphotoboy

Q's about shipping an Epson 9800 cross-country
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:29:37 pm »

Hello,

I had the good fortune of finding a very cheap used Epson 9800 that's made me quite happy over the last year. Now I am moving literally across the country, and I have to ship this beast (68x24x20" and ~300 pounds). While I've found a freight shipper who is willing to take it for about $200, I don't really know how to box it for shipping (I bought it locally, and it didn't come with any packaging). It's too large for a standard sized pallet.

I'd appreciate any help from someone who has had experience with shipping large format printers, has an old box they would be willing to sell me, or can recommend a company in the Boston/New York area to that would be able to pack and/or ship it. Thanks for your reply,

Rana

PS - If it turns out to be too much of a hassle to ship, I may be looking to sell the printer locally in the Northeastern US.

mikev1

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 08:23:29 pm »

I believe you can purchase packaging material directly from Epson.  At least you can for the 9900 as stated in the manual.

Mike

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

Quote from: rphotoboy
PS - If it turns out to be too much of a hassle to ship, I may be looking to sell the printer locally in the Northeastern US.

$200 to ship?  I think this is your best option ... maybe you can pick up a used 9880 when you get to your new digs using the proceeds plus money you'd save in shipping it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:06:08 am by Wayne Fox »

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:20:00 am »

Quote from: rphotoboy
Hello,

I had the good fortune of finding a very cheap used Epson 9800 that's made me quite happy over the last year. Now I am moving literally across the country, and I have to ship this beast (68x24x20" and ~300 pounds). While I've found a freight shipper who is willing to take it for about $200, I don't really know how to box it for shipping (I bought it locally, and it didn't come with any packaging). It's too large for a standard sized pallet.

I'd appreciate any help from someone who has had experience with shipping large format printers, has an old box they would be willing to sell me, or can recommend a company in the Boston/New York area to that would be able to pack and/or ship it. Thanks for your reply,

Rana

Your local epson wide format suppliers have to dispose of this packaging after installing a printer, you could adapt any 9xxx printer packaging
(your welcome to one of ours but you are the wrong side of the atlantic unfortunatly)

make sure you secure the head (little bracket with thumb screws needed) and tape the doors shut after removing the cartridges. seal the cartridges in an airtight plastic bag to contain leaks.

Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet
Pages: [1]   Go Up