alangubbay

Exodus
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:23 pm »

Exodus.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Exodus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:57 pm »

It's a very good morning on LLS. Great shot, Alan. It looks a little pixelated, though. Did you shoot it with a cell phone?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

dalethorn

Exodus
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:20:03 pm »

Quote from: alangubbay
Exodus.

Looks much better than cell phone.  It looks like a typical winter photo from a Panasonic TZ3 or TZ5.  Also looks like New York, since the areas where I see these folks walking in L.A. don't have trees or bridges like that.

alangubbay

Exodus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 04:28:37 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
Looks much better than cell phone.  It looks like a typical winter photo from a Panasonic TZ3 or TZ5.  Also looks like New York, since the areas where I see these folks walking in L.A. don't have trees or bridges like that.

This was photographed in London with an SLR and I have done more work on this picture that any in 60 years of photography.  Darting out into gaps in the fast heavy traffic, some 20 frames were exposed.  Later, the figures were selected, removed and re-constituted removing all the metal coverings.  The nearside of the bridge, much of it covered in opaque boards, was removed and the back rails and wires replaced.  People were then place in front of the backside and the frontside of the bridge rebuilt over the figures.  Painting in every strut and wire was extremely tedious and there may have been a little cheating in places.  Was it all worthwhile?  A comedy scriptwriter commented that what is needed now is a white van with the driver leaning out of the window gazing up in amazement!  A nice idea, but I fear a step too far for me at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up