Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: firmware update  (Read 2926 times)

ph_anto

firmware update
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:46:46 am »

i've seen the firmware update for the H3d 39 is available,but i'i afraid about doing it myself.What do you think?

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
firmware update
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:51:18 am »

It's not a big deal. I've done plenty of them. What's the problem?
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

ph_anto

firmware update
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:24:21 am »

i'm afraid about having a problem doing this and the camera need to go to the service.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
firmware update
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:36:58 am »

When you download the firmware, also download the instructions. They are pretty straightforward. I have never had a problem with an upgrade either on my H3D or V96C before  that. If you don't have a current version of Phocus, I would upgrade that first.

The chances of needing to send it in for service are pretty slim. If you are still uncertain, why not call your dealer, and ask him to talk you through it?

You are also more likely to get good advice on the Hasselblad digital forum which is restricted to Hasselblad owners.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

ph_anto

firmware update
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33:57 am »

Quote from: Jeff-Grant
When you download the firmware, also download the instructions. They are pretty straightforward. I have never had a problem with an upgrade either on my H3D or V96C before  that. If you don't have a current version of Phocus, I would upgrade that first.

The chances of needing to send it in for service are pretty slim. If you are still uncertain, why not call your dealer, and ask him to talk you through it?

You are also more likely to get good advice on the Hasselblad digital forum which is restricted to Hasselblad owners.

Thanks for help me Jeff.

photolinia

firmware update
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:06:41 pm »

Personally, I tried to do a firmware update on my H3D-39II as soon as I got it a couple of months ago, and got an error message during the update.  I tried to redo it several times - no luck.  The camera went from working fine to giving me error messages every time I turned it on - stuff like "lens error", "no power to the back".  It took considrable effort on my part to get rid of those - I did it by downgrading my firmware with Flexcolor.

Now that the camera operates fine I feel no urge to try this again...  Other than older menus, what else am I missing by ignoring firmware updates?  I'm using phocus 1.2 without too many issues at the moment...

-ilya

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
firmware update
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:13:54 pm »

Quote from: photolinia
Personally, I tried to do a firmware update on my H3D-39II as soon as I got it a couple of months ago, and got an error message during the update.  I tried to redo it several times - no luck.  The camera went from working fine to giving me error messages every time I turned it on - stuff like "lens error", "no power to the back".  It took considrable effort on my part to get rid of those - I did it by downgrading my firmware with Flexcolor.

Now that the camera operates fine I feel no urge to try this again...  Other than older menus, what else am I missing by ignoring firmware updates?  I'm using phocus 1.2 without too many issues at the moment...

-ilya

You could be missing several vital things like extended ISO range, support of the HTS and new zoom (if relevant) and general stability.

If you follow the instructions then there should be no issue with upgrading the camera yourself.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

photolinia

firmware update
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:34:29 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
You could be missing several vital things like extended ISO range, support of the HTS and new zoom (if relevant) and general stability.

If you follow the instructions then there should be no issue with upgrading the camera yourself.

I agree there "should be" no issues, but there WERE!  Does Hasselblad offer a support line for helping through issues when doing something like this?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
firmware update
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 03:59:27 pm »

Quote from: photolinia
I agree there "should be" no issues, but there WERE!  Does Hasselblad offer a support line for helping through issues when doing something like this?

Yes, the dealer where you purchased your H3D who can always call on us if necessary!  They will have all at some point done the operation themselves.

David.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
firmware update
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 04:19:55 pm »

Euh.... how about those that bought their H3D 2nd hand? Not for one thing or the other but since we are all supposed to  either keeping or selling our old backs now those that buy them 2nd hand don't always have dealers.

Fortunately there are a lot of users at various places that are willing to help out but I agree with Ilya, it would be nice if support is a bit more outspoken. It will also strengthen the value of my Hasselblad products when I try to sell them on the 2nd hand market when I want to upgrade to say the 60MS...

How many different backs can a person have?

Having said that, I have always had great support from, dealers other users but also from Hasselblad directly when needed. People should not be hesitant to ask either...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:22:04 pm by Dustbak »

vandevanterSH

firmware update
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 05:55:06 pm »

I have contacted Hasselblad service several times and they were quite helpful.

David, Are the digital backs still sent back to Europe or can service now be done in the USA?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up