Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: editing on location  (Read 23438 times)

AlexM

• Alex Maxim fashion and glamour photographer in Toronto
editing on location
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2009, 01:57:50 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Would I drag it to the drive then toss the one on my main HD of the laptop?
What is the point of dragging photoshop to SSD?

It will load a little faster from SSD but once it's loaded it works mostly from memory and there will no significant improvements in performance.
However, having your SSD as a scratch disk or having your images stored on it does make sense.

Snook

editing on location
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2009, 02:57:57 pm »

Quote from: Oleksiy
What is the point of dragging photoshop to SSD?

It will load a little faster from SSD but once it's loaded it works mostly from memory and there will no significant improvements in performance.
However, having your SSD as a scratch disk or having your images stored on it does make sense.

Thanks, I was asking because the original poster had stated that he simple dragged his photoshop program as well as Lightroom and I think one other to the SSD card. I myself was not sure that would make a differnce and was exactly why I was asking

Snook

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
editing on location
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:42 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Thanks, I was asking because the original poster had stated that he simple dragged his photoshop program as well as Lightroom and I think one other to the SSD card. I myself was not sure that would make a differnce and was exactly why I was asking

Snook
snook, although when starting to work with the ssd drive i installed programs as ps cs4 to it, just dragging the program icon to the ssd. it asked at the first startup if the changed disc locations should be accepted, i clicked yes and it worked. but after i got an aburring registration issue after the ssd didnt awoke from sleeping mode, i didnot went on having the programs on the card cause i dont like to repeat the nice adobe hotline session which followed. now i use the ssd as scratch disc for photoshop and for bridge, the ps raw converter and for the lightroom catalogues. this works perfect and makes most sense i.m.o.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Snook

editing on location
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 06:27:54 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
snook, although when starting to work with the ssd drive i installed programs as ps cs4 to it, just dragging the program icon to the ssd. it asked at the first startup if the changed disc locations should be accepted, i clicked yes and it worked. but after i got an aburring registration issue after the ssd didnt awoke from sleeping mode, i didnot went on having the programs on the card cause i dont like to repeat the nice adobe hotline session which followed. now i use the ssd as scratch disc for photoshop and for bridge, the ps raw converter and for the lightroom catalogues. this works perfect and makes most sense i.m.o.

Thank you very much..:+}
Snook
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up