Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howtek HiResolve 8000 scanner for sale  (Read 10341 times)

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Howtek HiResolve 8000 scanner for sale
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:42:51 am »

For Sale: Howtek HiResolve 8000 drum scanner (purchased 12/2000, tuned by Aztek 6/2006)
    Power on time: 2571:11 (I don't know if this time was reset at Aztek in 2006)
    Scan time: 447:19
    Trans lamp time: 357:50
    Refl. lamp time: 6:32
    Scan cycles: 20498
    Revision Status: L003-003
    SMU code: 0.042[/li]
Included Software & Hardware
    Trident v4.0 r45 with dongle (runs on Mac OS9)
    BasICColor Scan v2.1 r1 profiling software (a Photoshop plug-in) with Hutch Color HCT 4x5, 35mm film targets and 4x5 print target.
    Mounting station with 2 drums, light box, small table. The drums show wear and minor nicks around the periphery, but are free of any crazing.
    Various scanning supplies including overlays, tape, Prazio drum cleaner, wipes, various mounting fluids, extra drum bumper pads, belts, and reflective calibration strips.
    Just-Normlicht lightbox for film sorting (16"x10" viewing area)
    Mac G4 computer; 867Mhz & 1.5GB RAM
    OS 9.2.2 on Hard Disk #1
    OS 10.4.11 on Hard Disk #2
    Hard Disk #3 formatted for OS9 & OSX and used for writing image files
    Nvidia GeForce2 TwinView graphics card w/ 64MB VRAM
    Sony GDM-520 CRT monitor
    Samsung 932BWPlus 19" LCD monitor
    Kensington programmable mouse
    Apple Speakers (the clear, round ones)
    Pioneer DVD-RW/CD-RW Superdrive
    PCI slot 3: Adaptek SCSI card (for connection to scanner)
    PCI slot 4: Seri-Tek ATA card (for internal hard drive connection)
    SCSI cable & terminator[/li]

Price: US$4,750.00 shipping not included.

I'm the original owner of this scanner and have used it for professional services since late 2000. The scanner and computer are a complete system and will provide the user with what I believe is one of the best scanning systems available (yes, even running ancient OS 9). The only thing needed is Photoshop. All licenses for software on this computer will be transferred to the buyer.

Re: Shipping. This scanner ships in its original box and is too large & heavy for UPS shipping. A trucking company must be used for delivery if pick up is not an option. When I had the unit serviced in 2006, the cost for shipping was $550 round-trip between Illinois & California. Shipping costs have obviously increased since then.

Send me a PM if interested.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:45:03 am by Chris_Brown »
~ CB

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:13:37 pm »

Just a note: for anyone who doesn't know Chris he is a very knowledgeable and talented photographer, who has assisted many people in many ways especially in drum scanning. While getting into scanning with a drum it seems very difficult and risky not knowing the equipment , it's origin, nor the operator beforehand.

This is the one person who you can leave your worries behind, and if you need a very good scanner, do not hesitate. This is the one, and being sold by a person who will see it through.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 11:15:34 am »

Also included in this package are the HCT 4x5 transparency target and HCT 4x5 print target for profiling the scanner with the appropriate software.
~ CB

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 03:12:05 pm »

I had a few moments to research BasICColor profiling software and it's now up to v3 (obviously). Unfortunately, they don't mention the upgrade price.  
~ CB

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:41 am »

The scanner is now listed on eBay.
~ CB

studio5150

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:03:44 pm »

Quote from: Chris_Brown
For Sale: Howtek HiResolve 8000 drum scanner (purchased 12/2000, tuned by Aztek 6/2006)
    Power on time: 2571:11 (I don't know if this time was reset at Aztek in 2006)
    Scan time: 447:19
    Trans lamp time: 357:50
    Refl. lamp time: 6:32
    Scan cycles: 20498
    Revision Status: L003-003
    SMU code: 0.042[/li]
Included Software & Hardware
    Trident v4.0 r45 with dongle (runs on Mac OS9)
    BasICColor Scan v2.1 r1 profiling software (a Photoshop plug-in) with Hutch Color HCT 4x5, 35mm film targets and 4x5 print target.
    Mounting station with 2 drums, light box, small table. The drums show wear and minor nicks around the periphery, but are free of any crazing.
    Various scanning supplies including overlays, tape, Prazio drum cleaner, wipes, various mounting fluids, extra drum bumper pads, belts, and reflective calibration strips.
    Just-Normlicht lightbox for film sorting (16"x10" viewing area)
    Mac G4 computer; 867Mhz & 1.5GB RAM
    OS 9.2.2 on Hard Disk #1
    OS 10.4.11 on Hard Disk #2
    Hard Disk #3 formatted for OS9 & OSX and used for writing image files
    Nvidia GeForce2 TwinView graphics card w/ 64MB VRAM
    Sony GDM-520 CRT monitor
    Samsung 932BWPlus 19" LCD monitor
    Kensington programmable mouse
    Apple Speakers (the clear, round ones)
    Pioneer DVD-RW/CD-RW Superdrive
    PCI slot 3: Adaptek SCSI card (for connection to scanner)
    PCI slot 4: Seri-Tek ATA card (for internal hard drive connection)
    SCSI cable & terminator[/li]

Price: US$4,750.00 shipping not included.

I'm the original owner of this scanner and have used it for professional services since late 2000. The scanner and computer are a complete system and will provide the user with what I believe is one of the best scanning systems available (yes, even running ancient OS 9). The only thing needed is Photoshop. All licenses for software on this computer will be transferred to the buyer.

Re: Shipping. This scanner ships in its original box and is too large & heavy for UPS shipping. A trucking company must be used for delivery if pick up is not an option. When I had the unit serviced in 2006, the cost for shipping was $550 round-trip between Illinois & California. Shipping costs have obviously increased since then.

Send me a PM if interested.[/quote]

Is this equipment still available?
Pages: [1]   Go Up