Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Wilds of New Zealands South Island..  (Read 5667 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Into the Wilds of New Zealands South Island..
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:11 pm »

I am flying out today to New Zealand for 12 days of dedicated landscape and nature photography in the wilds of New Zealands South Island - hiting Fox Glacier, Milford Sound, Punakaiki, Queenstown, Christchutch, Mt Cook National Park, Kaikoura and more. Looking forward to some amazing scenery. Wish me good light!  

Not sure what the internet access is going to be like - but will stop in and post some images if time and facilities permit.

See you!
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:11:07 am »

Welcome to earthquake country. Mag 7.8 last night. I hope your  lenses didn't get rattled around too much

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:33:45 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
I am flying out today to New Zealand for 12 days of dedicated landscape and nature photography in the wilds of New Zealands South Island - hiting Fox Glacier, Milford Sound, Punakaiki, Queenstown, Christchutch, Mt Cook National Park, Kaikoura and more. Looking forward to some amazing scenery. Wish me good light!  

Not sure what the internet access is going to be like - but will stop in and post some images if time and facilities permit.

See you!

Light always shines in NZ!

enjoy.

Cheers,
Bernard

Josh-H

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:11:17 pm »

I'm back!

And wow! What a trip!

More than 3300kms travelled and more than 3300 frames in the 12 days spent in the South Island - including 2 x chartered helicopter shooting sessions over Mount Cook and the Fox Glacier, Glacier heli-hike, whales, sea lions, stunning alpine glow, and some truly amazing locations and light.

My guide and host - Phillip (from capture New Zealand) exceeded all my expectations - taking me (and John, the other photographer) to some breathtaking locations at exactly the right time of day for best light.

I now have lots and lots of image processing to do... but just to show it happened; here is a 'I was there' photo of me knee deep in a glacial stream (anything for the shot:-) I did end up with some very sore frost nipped toes!)
[attachment=15651:Josh.jpg]

And of course, the unexpected 7.8 earthquake added to the excitment - especially considering at the time we were in Queenstown in the middle of it. The hotel was shaking like Jelly. But thank goodness for NZ's strict building code.

Cant wait to go back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:20:49 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 09:17:09 pm »

Here is a link to the video footage taken with a 5D MKII on the trip.
12 Days in the South Island

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:39:59 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:30:56 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
And of course, the unexpected 7.8 earthquake added to the excitment - especially considering at the time we were in Queenstown in the middle of it. The hotel was shaking like Jelly. But thank goodness for NZ's strict building code.
I was sitting at my desk here in Christchurch editing photos for a friend when it struck. I noticed the screens wavering and felt I was losing my balance. Clutched her chair and said "I think I'm passing out". She replied "You idiot. The house is creaking...it's an earthquake". "Oh".
Glad you enjoyed your trip.
David

Analog6

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:38:43 am »

Great little video, really beautiful.

I've just come back from 10 days there, and have already signed up for a 3 day Landscape workshop next may at Kinloch (head of Lake Wakatipu - 50km north of Queenstown) with the Queenstown Centre  for  Creative Photography.  I absolutely loved the place, it is landscape photographer's paradise in my opinion, I want to move there.  

Some pics on my gallery at http://odille.zenfolio.com, more being added as I edit.

And when I go back next time I'll have a full frame body and a Hasselblad H2 with digital back - I can't wait!
Pages: [1]   Go Up