Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nesting Redtail  (Read 1313 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Nesting Redtail
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:43 pm »

This was literally taken leaning out a 5th story window, the chicks are just out of the shot at camera right.  
The parent had just retuned with the rabbit carcass. Beleive me, I was a lot closer than I wanted to be!!
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

dalethorn

Nesting Redtail
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:04:41 am »

A very good capture, especially the bird's eyes and interesting expression.  Still, I wonder if there are some little bunnies out there waiting for mom to come home and take care of them.  I wonder too whether wildlife photographers, rangers, and other parties involved with nature, having accepted this predation as natural and normal, carry that attitude over to humans and are thus more accepting of how we interact with nature's species.  We even have a device called a predator that flies over places, although unlike this bird, it usually delivers rather than picks up.

Edit: As a photographic issue, how to depict the subject etc.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:00:28 pm by dalethorn »

Kevin Gallagher

Nesting Redtail
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:45:31 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
A very good capture, especially the bird's eyes and interesting expression.  Still, I wonder if there are some little bunnies out there waiting for mom to come home and take care of them.  I wonder too whether wildlife photographers, rangers, and other parties involved with nature, having accepted this predation as natural and normal, carry that attitude over to humans and are thus more accepting of how we interact with nature's species.  We even have a device called a predator that flies over places, although unlike this bird, it usually delivers rather than picks up.

Edit: As a photographic issue, how to depict the subject etc.

Thanks Dale, I guess the Hawks have to eat as well  
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up