Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topaz DeNoise  (Read 5454 times)

AshleyTopaz

Topaz DeNoise
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:26:47 pm »

Topaz DeNoise

Hi all,

This new noise reduction plug-in just got released. It works on Photoshop, Aperture, and other host programs for Mac and Win. You should totally check it out.
http://www.topazlabs.com/denoise/

I got some great results with it.

Thanks, guys!

Best,
Ashley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:04:03 pm by AshleyTopaz »

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:59 pm »

Topaz products are among the hottest plug-ins currently available due to the low prices (and free upgrades) plus superior technology. For instance, Topaz Adjust serves as a worthy substitute for a certain $595 plug-in (12x the price of Adjust).
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

thierrylegros396

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:20:04 pm »

Topaz does not work on my PC !

Neither in Photoshop CS (not automaticaly detected by set-up program) nor in Irfanview !

So I put 8bf file in Filter folder, Photoshop find it but as I wanna start the filter it crashes with a warning message, Photoshop being still operational.

Anyone who experiment same problem ?!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

jjlphoto

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 03:33:20 pm »

Does they work in 16bit? Is there a demo/trial period?
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 04:17:32 pm »

I'm curious about your system specs. You say "PC". Please be more specific. You say "Photoshop CS". Do you mean CS1? And you say "Topaz" (that's the company name, not the product). Do you mean DeNoise?

Here are the system specs from their website:

"Windows

Windows XP or Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
1 GB RAM
Adobe Photoshop 7 through CS4, Adobe Photoshop Elements 1 through 7, or another editor that supports Photoshop plug-ins. These include: Irfanview, PaintShop Pro, etc."
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

johnchoy

• http://www.johnchoy.com
Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:17:39 pm »

Quote from: jjlphoto
Does they work in 16bit? Is there a demo/trial period?

I don't have denoise but I have adjust.

It works not just in 16bit mode but also for very huge file (500mb to 1G ) in cs4 64 bit.

I like adjust very much

thierrylegros396

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 07:27:14 am »

Quote from: plugsnpixels
I'm curious about your system specs. You say "PC". Please be more specific. You say "Photoshop CS". Do you mean CS1? And you say "Topaz" (that's the company name, not the product). Do you mean DeNoise?

Here are the system specs from their website:

"Windows

Windows XP or Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
1 GB RAM
Adobe Photoshop 7 through CS4, Adobe Photoshop Elements 1 through 7, or another editor that supports Photoshop plug-ins. These include: Irfanview, PaintShop Pro, etc."

Windows XP SP 2 (32-bit), 1GB of RAM, Photoshop CS1 and Irfanview 3.97 !
Topaz DeNoise tried !
All other programs work well including Lightroom 1.1 and 2.3.
Impossible to run DeNoise even in demo mode, so impossible to put the received activation code !!!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:28:49 am by thierrylegros396 »

thierrylegros396

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 08:10:05 am »

Here is the message that I obtain as soon as I wanna use the filter (which is rightly loaded is Photoshop) !

[attachment=15303:TopasDeN...rMessage.JPG]

Thierry
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:11:17 am by thierrylegros396 »

snickgrr

• http://
Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 04:21:21 pm »

Downloaded the trial and played with some images.  I seem to be getting this "crackle" look.

This is from a couple weeks ago of a shoot I did in San Quentin State Prison.  Shot on the Leica M8.2 @ IS01250 and available light within a classroom.

Processed in Raw Developer with noise settings to off.

I brought up this shadow side of the face with a curve in PS.

The Topaz side I fiddled with the settings trying to get the best image.  The Noiseware side was straight default settings.

KeithR

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32:33 am »

Quote from: snickgrr
Downloaded the trial and played with some images.  I seem to be getting this "crackle" look.

This is from a couple weeks ago of a shoot I did in San Quentin State Prison.  Shot on the Leica M8.2 @ IS01250 and available light within a classroom.

The Topaz side I fiddled with the settings trying to get the best image.  The Noiseware side was straight default settings.
I would ask how the print looked. Monitor screens(being around 100ppi) are a vary bad way to judge an image quality at such high enlargement percetages. That said and allowing for what I would assume the image would look like printed, it looks to me that DeNoise had better sharpness whereas the Noiseware had that plastic look and didn't seem as sharp.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

dalethorn

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54:28 pm »

Quote from: snickgrr

That "crackle" looks a lot like what Panasonic does in-camera with most of their recent engines. The DeNoise copy looks clearer, sharper, and more detailed in most respects, and whereas it has some of that Panasonic look, it doesn't have the Panasonic smearing.

Neil Vanderwolf

Topaz DeNoise
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 03:30:03 pm »

I purchased all of their plug-ins a while ago. Denoise was recently updated is definitely faster than the older version...

Bang for the buck, they are absolutely fantastic. They all work in CS4 64-bit which is great (and faster).

I have been a long-time user of Neat Image Pro+ (I recently purchased the 64-bit version of it as well). It is incredibly fast but not quite as good as Denoise but I do use Neat Image quite a bit still for less complex images.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:30:31 pm by Neil Vanderwolf »
Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up